Chapter Thirteen

When Clarke walked out to the room, where every mountain man were, she couldn't help asking herself something: what had she become? But Clarke knew it had to be done. The duty to protect her people came first.

Clarke walked around and looked at all the bodies. But she stopped, when she saw Jasper with a dying Maya in his knee.
"Why?" He asked.
"I'm sorry Jasper" Clarke said, "I had no choice"
"She was innocent" Jasper said while he cried.
"None of us is innocent" Maya whispered quietly.
But before Maya stopped breathing, a high scream was heard through the empty halls.
Clarke turned around.
"Wanheda" she said and started walking.
But Bellamy stopped her.
"No one else has to die tonight and she's not even here" said Bellamy.
"I told you to find out who it was and kill it" said Clarke.
"I had better things to do" he said, "But I know who your Wanheda is"
"Who?" Monty asked behind him.
"It's Akela" said Bellamy, "Cage called Akela Wanheda, before he gave her to the icenation. Our priority should be to find her and bring her home. Not kill her"
Clarke nodded and turned to Jasper.
"Do you know who Marie-Jeanne is?" Clarke asked Jasper.
"Yes" Jasper whispered, "That's also Akela"

∆ ∆ ∆

When they made sure every one was free, the walk down to Arkadia began. Monty walked beside Bellamy and was talking. But Bellamy didn't say anything. The only thing he could think of, was Akela. But Monty disturbed his thoughts all the time.
"Bellamy, what's wrong?" He asked, "We're safe"
"Not all of us" Bellamy said and looked at Monty.

When the walk to Arkadia was done, Bellamy stood at the gate and made sure that everyone came inside. The last person to walk inside, was Clarke.
"I'm not going inside" Clarke said, "To see them every day is just going to remind me, what I did to get them here. I bear it so they don't have to"
"Clarke..." Bellamy started, "If you want foregivness, I'll give it to you. You're foregiven. Now please come inside. I can't lose you too"
"I want to find her. I want to find Akela." she said and looked at him, "You had right, Bellamy. Akela isn't the enemy. That's why I can't leave her behind"
Bellamy didn't say anything, so Clarke hugged him and whispered something in his ear:
"May we meet again"
"Bring her home" Bellamy whispered back.
After that, Clarke walked away and disapered into the forest.