Chapter 21

Chapter 21

It felt like I was being dropped into a dark hole, never ending, keep on dropping and dropping. Never stopping. I wanted to scream out in pain, but I couldn’t. I wanted to cry for everyone I loved, Dane included, but I can’t. Because if felt like my emotion was freezing up into an ice cube that will never melt. Pain. Love. Loss. Guilt. All gone. I feel like I’m gone.

I felt something in me shatter, something that has been locked away for a long time. I screamed in my head, and the pounding began.

The world got darker and the shadows began to envelop me into a twisted embrace. It clawed at me and grabbed at me, and hard as I try, I could not stop it.

The shadows wrapped itself around me into and I felt something inside me awake. Then I felt it all at once. I felt my blood circulating, the sense heightened by a tenfold, and the need for something. Something dangerous. Something that is not food. Something that is not blood. Something that has a soul.

“Awake, my daughter,” I felt a voice whisper in my ear, and I felt myself respond automatically.

I opened my eyes, and saw a face that will always be glued in my mind. He looks familiar, like I should know him, like he was a part of me.  He smiled devilishly like he knows what I was thinking.

“Stand,” he commanded, and I responded.

I looked around me in confusion.

“Where am I?” I asked the man in front of me.

“You are in hell,” he smirked.

I looked at him right in the eye, so familiar, and asked, “I died.”

The man shook his head in amusement, “Daughter, you were never alive in the first place.”

“Lucifer,” I breathed, and he laughed.

“Alexandrina, it is nice to see you again. You have grown up. Beautiful, just like your mother,” he smiled, and I could see the wickedness behind that smile.

I looked at him closely again and gaped as his black wings behind him. It was like a demented version of an angel’s wing, but black, dark, and radiated shadows that had engulfed me not a long ago. The shadow seems to be dancing around the air all around us, and that was when I noticed where we are.

It was hell, indeed. We were standing on a raised altar, and around us where dark flames, skulls, and all of that hell cliché. I can hear screams everywhere, pleading, begging, and worst of all, the unnatural laughs of the demons.

“What do you think, Alexandrina? This is my kingdom, and now, your home, my little princess,” he said to me.

“You’re my father,” I looked at him, devoid of any emotion.

“Indeed. You have come a long way, Alexandrina. Falling in love with that Devlin’s son was out of the question, and it took nearly everything of me to send your body here,” he remarked.

“What?” I asked him, “Because that last I remember, Devlin killed me.”

Lucifer chuckled, “No, the reason that you are no longer there is because I called on your demonic spirit to call you here, before Devlin had the chance to kill you. That was a close call, by the way.”

“You can do that?” I asked him, kind of weirded out by that.

He scoffed, “Of course I can. You are my blood.”

“Okay, so we established that I’m alive, technically, now can you please tell me why the hell I’m here? No pun intended.” I told him.

My father laughed, “Because, my darling, we have a war to win. You, as the Demon Princess of Hell, will fight in this battle alongside with me until we win. These bloodsuckers will die, and the reign of power will be gone. You are going to be a big part of this, Alexandrina.”

I shivered from his words.

“Devlin said that if I die, you will lose power. Why?” I said to him.

Lucifer face flashed and I can see the evilness there, but he said, “Because as a daughter from both worlds, you have the power in your blood to make one side more power than another. It is once said that a child from both worlds can win the side she choose this war and everything that comes with it. This war had been going on for too long, Alexandrina. You choosing your heritage as a demon with me means that we shall conquer. For your blood, strength, spirits, is more powerful than Devlin’s and mine combine.”

I processed his words, and closed my eyes. My mind drifted to Dane’s face when he found out I was a demon. It was like he hated me with all his being. He was disgusted and repulsed. He hates me, and I have a feeling the next time I see him, it’s only one of us will come out alive. I felt my being hardened more and more until I realized that I no longer felt anything human. Love is gone. Remorse is gone.  And that need for something screamed at me.

“Ah, looks like you need to feed,” he smiled at me, proudly like I just won a medal.

“Excuse me?” I asked him.

He didn’t answer me, as he led me down the alter steps to the fire ground below. There, I saw what he meant. There was a man about in his year twenties, chained on to the wall, near the pit of black fire. I looked at him and my hunger intensified.

“What is it that you want my daughter?” Lucifer asked me, with a speculative look on his eyes.

I looked back at the handsome man who looked like he want fight back, but couldn’t. That was until I locked my gaze with his. I saw him stop struggling, and his face went slack. Lights began fading out of his eyes, and I saw it. So beautiful. It looked like a long ribbon with shimmering facets headed towards me. Like a magnet. I didn’t resist as I open my mouth and the ribbon slid in between my teeth. Sweet like sugar, and delectable all the same. He was gone, for his soul had just become my food.

Devlin laughed, “Alexandrina, you are soul demon. Just like me. I’m proud to call you my daughter.”

***I'm so sorry for being gone for too long. When I read your comments, and how many of you defended me for taking too long, I wanted to cry. If you are reading this and still remember who I am, you are awesome. I WILL update regulary from now on. No more long vacations, I promise. Unless, I'm in the hospital or something like that. (: I love you guys. (:***