Chapter Twenty - Beatrice

-Charlotte-

When I awoke I noticed that I was not in my own chambers. I looked around slowly and noticed that I was infact in Henry's chambers.

"Harry?" There was echoing footsteps and I saw my husband who had a look of relief on his face. In his arms he carried our daughter.

"You're awake, at last. He laid down our daughter and sat down on the bed with me.

"What happened?"

"You fell asleep after giving birth to our daughter. You have been asleep for five days. I began to worry about you."

"Five days?" he nodded

"Would you help me sit." he helped me into his arms.

"You have been a sleeping beauty."

"Humm, the last thing I remember is being told i had a girl."

"Yes, Beatrice." I looked up at his smile

"She is the infant image of you. " he moved me then retrieved our daughter. Handing her over I looked down.

"She's beautiful and you've already named her."

"Was it not your wish for your first daughter to be named such."

"Yes."

--------------

I sat on my bed and waited for my family to come back with my daughter . She was to be baptized and announced. I heard them approaching and smiled softly, I was still tired from giving birth but I was happy knowing that I had survived, that God had blessed me and I was not like other mothers, dying of illness like childbed fever .

Henry held our daughter as he was followed by the council and family. He handed me little Beatrice and I kissed her head.

"Do you know what you are, my love?" He asked me

"Your Queen." I smiled

"Yes but you are also my bellator fortis regina"

"Your strong warrior Queen."

"Yes, you have given me three beautiful children, made peace with this country and have never left me." I kissed him softly.

"I will never leave you."

----------

I sat in Henry's chambers while he spoke with my Uncle.

"Charles, please sit." Charles sat on the chest at the end of the bed.

"The fractions and the fighting that happened while I was absent were unacceptable. I'm appointing you president of the council and Lord Great Master so in my absence all will be answerable to you. My wife the Queen will be state as regent of the realm if I am ever taken away from her through war or through other circumstances. She as Queen will rule solely if our son, Prince Alexander is too young." I nodded

"I've appointed Edward Seymour to investigate the activity of the Poles. From now on they are all under suspicion." He held out his arms for him to take Beatrice, I smiled laying her in his arms.

"How is your family?" I asked my Uncle.

"They are well, except Catherine, she lost the child she was carrying." I stood and went to hug my uncle.

"Then you should be there with her. Shouldn't he Harry?"

"He should."

"She wanted me to come here. To meet my great Niece." He stood and walked over to Harry. He smiled and kissed her forehead.

"She is beautiful, like her mother." He commented

"It is true. she will be the fairest Princess of them all."

"Charles, you must return to Catherine. Not that I do not love having you here."

"You're right." He came over to me and kissed my head

"I just wanted to see the two of you and how you fair."

"Send Catherine my love." he nodded and left. "Poor Charles, I fell he might break if he loses Catherine." i sigh.

"He is a strong man, he has his family always with him." I hummed

----

I sat next to my husband at a feast held in celebration of Beatrice's birth. I giggled as he fed me some meat them kissed me. Sir Francis stopped and bowed in front of us.

"Sir Francis. What news from your mother? Are our sons well?" I asked

"They are your majesty. She write they both brim with joy at your future visit with her highness, Princess Beatrice. They both cannot wait to meet their baby sister." I smiled at his answer.

"Why not go converse with your Uncle, it seems he has arrived back at court." I looked to where he was gesturing.

"So you can have secret conversations? Very well." I stood and Sir Francis bowed and i glided over toward my Uncle.

"Your majesty" the other courtiers that my uncle talked with bowed. The filed away to other places.

"Uncle" I kissed his cheek "Does Catherine feel better?"

"Yes, but she asked to be alone for a while, so under plea I am here at court."

"Well if she had pleaded then very well. Would you like to dance?" he nodded and I took his hand. Everyone stooped as we joined them.

"Volta" the musicians nodded. We began and during the dance I noticed a grim looking Cromwell enter.

"What has Master Cromwell so glum about?" I asked

"The Kings new laws, has ruined the reformation. While it is now commanded that all religions live in peace and other be accepting. The rest sound very Catholic. Cromwell and his Protestant reformation is in ruins."

"So, Harry has Catholic sounding laws, his dream for devout Catholic to be burned is in tatters the same for anything else happening to the monasteries. All he's done."

"And it's all because of you?" The dance finished and I took him to one side.

"Me?"

"Your advice to the King, you have him making a great legacy. One which will please all. Cromwell hates that." I sighed

"Oh well, his problem. Not mine."