Chapter One - King Henry and Queen Charlotte (Edited)

-Charlotte-

I stood at the altar 3 weeks after the death of Anne. My family and some of the court were in attendance. I looked at my Uncle who held my hand as we waited for his majesty. We heard his footsteps and bowed our head. He stopped near me and I stood up properly.

"Charlotte." he greeted holding up  his hand for me to take which I did

"Your majesty."  Bishop Gardner begins the service.

"We have come up here together, before God and these witnesses. To join in matrimony Henry the 8th King of England and France, Defender of the Faith, supreme head of the church of England and the Lady Charlotte Brandon. And if there be any among you who imagine some impediment as to why they should not be married. Speak now or forever hold your tongue"  I stood in complete silence then looked towards Henry and smiled he looked down at me giving me one in return.

"Your majesty, Henry 8th of that name. Do you take Lady Charlotte Brandon to be your wife here and forever more."

"I do" I smiled even brighter.

"Lady Charlotte. Do you take is majesty Henry VII to be your husband here and forever more."

"I do"

"With the power vested in me I now pronounce you man and Wife."

------

The court moved merrily around us. I played with my locket which I never took off.

"It saddens me to see you unhappy, sweetheart." I turn my head

"No, I'm happy besides there's nothing, to worry about right now. I do not wish to dampen you mood. I love you Harry."

"As I love you.Shall we join the dance." I nodded smiling

-3rd Person-

The courtiers stopped and clapped seeing the new couple stand.  The step onto the floor ready to dance.

"Music" Henry says and they began to dance. Catherine and Charles join their niece.

"I feel guilty." Charles told his wife.

"Why?" she asked

"Because sometimes if forget to tell you how beautiful you are." She smiles and kissed her husband's hand. She looks over to the couple who are smiling away at each other.

"I think she will make him happy." Catherine commented

"With God's help we'll all be happy now" Charles replied smiling with humour. Meanwhile, Thomas Cromwell and Richard Rich broke away from the celebrations to talk.

"Since both of the King's daughters are illegitimate and unfit to rule we must trust the Queen conceives a child quickly."

"I still fear that with Anne's death we have lost a great peer and a powerful supporter." Rich replied "If the new favours religion peace which she is rumoured to do the surly the whole reformation is in jeopardy?"

"I'm surprised you have such little faith in the King. We must press ahead with the dissolution of those brothels and slaughter houses of the conscience." Rich looked at his friend confused

"The monasteries." he cleared.

The celebrations continued on into the night before the happy couple broke away for the marital bed. Bishop Gardner  and other clerics blessed the bed but not the Queen. While her purity and good nature was intact some rumours would never stop. There was one faith in England and no one could say otherwise.

"His majesty the King." Henry entered and both his and hers eyes were focused on each other.

"Lottie" he bowed

"Harry" she curtsied back smiling he took her hand and looked to everyone.

"I don't think we need to proceed in public. Not this time." everyone bowed in respect then let. Once the last person was gone Charlotte raised her hand to stroke her husband's face.

"Are you ready?" he asked

"No, but I trust you with my life." His heart swelled at such a comment, his new wife looked so beautiful and innocent. Yes he had the perfect wife, one who would heal him and everyone else. Henry leaned down and gently kissed her, from now on they were truly intertwined

-Charlotte-

I woke up and groaned in pain the next morning. I never expected this intense pain.

"Lottie, what's wrong." Henry sat up and looked down at me

"I hurt." I held on to the painful area and I felt him move the sheets. He chuckled

"It's not funny."

"It's natural, it will pass." I turned on my back

"Of course you would know." I raised my eye brows he simply kissed my nose. I looked to the light shining through.

"No, go away light." Henry laughed more

"Why would you wish it to be dark." I smiled and reached up for his face.

"Because I could spend more time with you." He leaned down and kissed me when there was a knock on the door."

"I will let you heal then we may resume, okay." I nodded he kissed me from my lips to my stomach and I smiled

"I love you wife."

"I love you more, husband."

"Harry can we talk for a moment?" asked

"Yes of course"

"It's about Anne..." He cut me off before I could finish.

"Lottie, I told you there was a full.."

"Investigation into the rumours surrounding of predecessor. I know, and I told you with the way I presume Cromwell and Rich carried it out. They fear for their lives saying anything otherwise. Besides nearly everyone hated her, you gave them a chance to come up with all sorts. The least you could have done was imprison her, but what do I know. I'm a woman." he sighed

"Let us not fight, my love."

"We won't. I am happy we're married it is just the way it came I'm unhappy about." I kissed his hand.He left the bed.