Chapter Nine - A steadfast Queen

A/N: So I have a question. Two in fact.

1. In your opinion do you think that Henry and Charles should live longer than history and the show says?

2.If they did as normally or not as normally what do you think, Charlotte's reactions would be? Would she be gut wrenching distraught or would she have a stiff upper lip and be strong. Maybe both or something else. What do you think?

-Charlotte-

"Your majesty."

"Mr Cromwell. What news on the North?" He looked back to where I presume Henry was listening in

"I'm not sure."

"I don't ask for all the details. In fact I wish for you to pass a message onto my uncle. Tell him to make great haste of this matter for the expected time draws closer and I wish him here."

"Yes, your majesty."

"Also tell him that if he can inquire to those who see me harm i would be most grateful ."

"Of course." I nod and he takes his leave. Harry enters and sit beside me.

"Why do you wish to know those who wish you harm."

"Because I believe on tackling a problem straight on. A woman is most dangerous when she is silent and calm. Now Jane, are you ready." she nodded smiling.

My dearest friend, Queen Claude

I thank you for your well wishes on my marriage and pregnancy. God has truly blessed us so far. I am most apologetic that I have not written back sooner but I know as Queen yourself you understand the pressures. The doctors think that because I am carrying two I will be delivering our hopeful sons earlier than I would with one. He has made me smile with the news the I could be carrying Christmastide children.

I am pleased to hear that you are faring well and maybe when everything has calmed down with the newest battle and the birth of the new children, we might meet once again. I send all my love and thanks to you because I do not think that i would be the woman i am today if you did not so kindly and graciously raise me. I have learnt and prospered from yourself and others in the French court. For that i will be eternally grateful.

your humble and loving friend

"Charlotte"

"That was beautiful, my love." he kissed my temple

"Thank you, please give it to the French ambassador so that he might send it on its way.

------

The next day I sat in my husband's chambers. I began to hear yelling and I knew immediately that it wasn't good.

"Darcy and York have betrayed me?! Well, we shall see what end they come too." I stood up and made my way out. "And why haven't Shrewsbury and Suffolk attacked yet? All I hear are their complaints and their excuses. You know what I think? I think they have become afraid of their own shadows. I have a mind to go myself. I'll lead the army . I'll teach these bastard ingrates, rebels and traitors a fearful bloody lesson in slaughter

"Henry!" I called and everyone turned to me as I walked out.

"Calm down" I went to stand in front of him and touched his face softly. I saw him visibly relax.

"There, now instead of frightening everyone. Why not we discuss this in private." I lift up his hand and kissed it.

"Come" he gritted out. We took the conversation away. He sat down as I placed my hands on his shoulders.

"Harry, i implore you not to go out there." i breath and kiss his head

"Why you think me feeble."

"No, you are one of the most strongest men I know. Your life is too precious to be put at risk for a matter that my uncle can sort."

"Then why have they not attacked yet." I went and sat in front of him.

"That is a reason only he knows at the moment but we both know that it must be something hindering because these pilgrims have angered you and threatened me. Tell me if they are smart enough to engage thousands what makes you think that the faction won't take a chance if you leave me in my current condition?" he huffs coming to an understanding. "Besides, my love. You'd be like a lion amongst wolves." he smirked at me and kissed my hand.

"Send a plain message to Suffolk. Ask him why he refuses to obey my command."

"Majesties."

"And Cromwell. If things go badly, I'll know well enough who to blame" I looked back as he nodded

"You can leave us now, Sir Francis" he bowed and left.

"My love you worry me." I sigh.

"Do not be so, sweetheart."

"But I do. Harry what if I was to suggest other means to secure peace but still make a point that they should disperse."

"I thought you wouldn't meddle"

"You call offering advice meddling?" he chuckled

"What is it."

"My advice would be to hear them out, let them do what they might. Ask my Uncle if there is a peaceful sole to negotiate with. If they do not come the first time invite them for over Christmas. Furthermore I suggest that the hold churches that have not been dissolved are left."

"I cannot do that."

"I haven't finished. Leave them alone but make it clear that they are under your jurisdiction. Churches and Abbeys that have already be dissolved can be split. Half can be given to them for the decision of their future the others to be turned into places of education and shelter. Harry this is your change to carve a empire which they will talk about for years to come. I know you cannot tell me that you don't want to leave a good legacy behind for your children."

"What can we ask for in return?"

"The sign and oath of obedience. They swear on their souls that they will not rise up again unless there is no other option. They will come to you their sovereign if issues arise that they are not happy with. On pain of death the swear. And if I might be so bold, husband."

"I would not want you any other way. In the oath they swear that the recognise we are all God's children and they will respect others who are not loyal to holy church. Every live in peace no matter what their religion. the matter of heresy will be dissolved."

"But we will still kill the leaders."

"If you so wish. Henry I know when to pick battle. What is worth fighting for and what is worth come to some sort of arrangement. "

"You are my very intelligent wife."

"if you say so."