Chapter Fourteen - Forging a strong Kingdom

"The Lady Mary, your majesty." Jane announced as I cooed over my two children.

"Charlotte" she curtsied.

"Mary, come." I held out my hand and she took it as I continued to look ever Xander and Oliver.

"Are they not the most adorable boys you have seen."

"Forgive me your majesty but I have not seen many male issue before. But yes my brothers are adorable." I giggled and played with their little fingers. I simply adored them already.

"Mary, Henry and I have been talking and we wished for you and Elizabeth to be godmothers to our children." her face lit up with joy.

"Charlotte..I....Thank you."

"It give me great joy that my sons will be in safe hands." I let out a breath. "Now, to the matter of Mr Aske. He is leaving soon and I think to part on good terms we should give him a token."

"I think that would be nice." I smiled

"I cannot leave for now but..."

"I would have no problem." I opened a box of jewels.

"Which do you think for a simple and kind man?" Mary picked out a white diamond.

"Good choice. Give him my thanks and inform I'm I will try to keep my promise." she curtsied and left.

---------

I was now back to full health and I was joining Harry on a new year ride. I stood outside the gate and smiled warmly at the people as the cheered.

"Lottie." I grinned

"Uncle. I've missed you."

"As I you. Tell me how do Xander and Oliver fair?"

"Very well, I will miss them terribly when Harry inevitably moves them away with a governess. But I must spend as much time as possible."

"That is good. Are you sure you should be here so soon after the birth."

"I need fresh air Uncle. Do not worry yourself. As soon as I am done I will return to my chambers. The christening is soon, few days."

"I know." Harry joined us.

"Your majesty." we bowed

"My Lady." he held up his hand for me to take which I did and we were escorted to the horses. I was helped onto one and adjusted myself so that I was comfortable.

"Gentlemen. Noble and Worshipful men of this contrary I swear by the faith I bear to go and St George that I have not only forgiven and pardoned the men of the North by writing under seal, but also freely in my heart. It is my order that those men now wear the cross of St George who have thankfully accepted my free pardon and mean to be as loyal subjects as they were before this sorry Insurrection. And my Queen and I along with our two new sons wish you all a very happy and prosperous New Year." They clapped and cheered as we left.

--Pontefract--

-3rd Person-

"I'll tell you frankly, the King is a good and gracious Lord who has granted us as far as he may all our desires and petitions." Robert Aske spoke to his friends and they agreed with him.

"I heard it from his mouth that he intends to hold a free and fair Parliament at York and have the Queen crowned there. Even her majesty has promised that within her powers she advises the King to make peace with us and hope to have monasteries restored. She herself has spoken with me alone and swears that while not all of them will be resorted to full glory she hopes that half will and the other have be turned into places of shelter and orphanages."