Chapter Four - Queen's Wrath

Smash head against a wall, soft as a boiled apple! I dismounted my horse and smoothed out my dress.

"Lady Missledon, would you be so kind as to as Sir Frances Bryan to come to my chambers. I will be there shortly once I have talked to the King.

"Yes, your majesty." she curtsied. I made my way inside to find my husband. I saw one of his groom and I knew that I found him.

"Her majesty, the Queen." I entered and curtsied

"Husband."

"Lottie." I stood and noticed Sir Cromwell

"Forgive my interruption but I believe you would want this as soon as possible." I made my way over to him and handed him the submission. He opened it and smiled.

"It seems Mr Cromwell, that in future I should never send a man to do a woman's job. Make arrangements for myself and her majesty to meet with the Lady Mary. But not publicly, at her residence."

"Your majesties."

"What else is there?"

"The Lady Bryan, governess to the Lady Elizabeth apparently the child has outgrown her clothes and Lady Bryan asks if your majesty will permit her to purchase some new ones." I stopped and bit my lip, looking at my husband.

"Of course det her 200 hundred crowns with my good will."

"Of course."

"Also, there are rumours of plague in the city, Her majesty's coronation will have to be postponed."

"Yes, your majesty." He went to leave

"Thomas." he turned back "Mr . Rich showed me the figures. I'm very pleased with you Tom, and will shortly prove it." He bowed to us one more time and left.

"My darling Lottie. You have outdone yourself." he kissed me.

"I promised that I would take care of our family, whether it be the one we make or the one you already have. You are a great King and Husband, I know that you wish the best for your Kingdom and I will help in any way I can."

"But you must not meddle."

"I promise I will not, I will simply advise and comment. What you wish to do is of your choice, my King."

"My beautiful wife."

"If you'll excuse me I have some matter which need attending to."

"What matters?"

"While speaking with Lady Mary we made a connection of friendship. We understand each other and such. We came up to part where she talk of others not being so kind, in fact as daughter of yourself I would have hoped she would have been treated with dignity and respect in her beliefs. If they had it might have gotten somewhere. It saddens me to say that some were outright disrespectful to a lady of her stature and I feel it needs to be dealt with." I swear he looked at me with a bout of proudness

"If she were my blood daughter and treated like that I would be fuming, however I feel that more is put across if one does it calmly and with dignity. I may be just a woman but..."

"You are Queen and you are right. Who has committed such an offence?"

"Sir Francis Bryan."

"Then I will leave it to you, my wife. To do as you see fit."

"Thank you, Harry." I curtsied and left.

"Her majesty, the Queen." I walked through court and smiled softly bowing my head to those how bowed back.

"Your majesty, your Uncle the Duke of Suffolk is waiting to see you with Sir Francis" Lady Ursula informed me I entered my chambers

"Your majesty." Sir Francis and my Uncle bowed.

"Sir Francis." I removed my hat. "Uncle."

"You wished to see me"

"Yes I did, Uncle I hope you don't mind if I deal with matter before I greet you properly."

"Of course not."

"Good. Now Sir Francis, I doubt that you have heard but I have just returned from speaking with the Lady Mary. She has signed the submission and will once be reunited with her father.

"Might I congratulations on your triumph."

"You may if it for the reason that where others such as yourself have failed in reuniting father and daughter. While the motion is sweet there is something that is not. Sir Francis do you see yourself as respectful to women?"

"I do your majesty"

"Is there any exception."

"No, my lady."

"I see, then why is it that you and others before you have used vulgar terms to try and gain your goals."

"I do not understand, my lady."

"While I had a meaningful and successful conversation with Mary there was a particular topic which unsettled me. I cannot deal with the others because they are not here at court. You however are." I walked closer.

"While I pride myself to be a peaceful Queen who wishes nothing but the best for her husband, family and people. There is one thing I could never stand and that is blatant disrespect. Lady Mary is first and foremost, my husband the King's daughter. And even thought she is declared illegitimate she deserves to be treated with such manners as you would treat me or any other upstanding lady. I feel that what you have said and other what are presumed to have said shows you have no morality.

As a member of the privy council you are supposed to set an example to others, which you have so far failed at. Now, his majesty and I will meet with the Lady Mary before she is presented to the court. Upon such presentation I hope that you redeem yourself and apologise for your lack of respect. Moreover if I am to hear of such an incident again I doubt the King will be so lenient after I have expressed myself.

"Of course your majesty, forgive me."

"You may leave." He bowed low and then left. I turned to my uncle and smiled

"Remind me never to cross you."

"Like you ever could" I laughed and hugged him

"I'm very proud of you for what you just did."

"Well, I've always been protective over my family. Lady Mary is my family now." he kissed my temple.

"You wanted to see me?" I asked

"Yes I wanted to see how you fair as new Queen." I sigh and sit down

"Okay, I'm still not used to everyone bowing and calling me your majesty. I'm used to doing that not the other way round. In fact I don't think I will ever get used to it. I'll accept it though."

"But you find yourself well though."

"Yes, is it me our has the food become more-ish. I think that's why I sometimes find my dresses too tight." i smiled

-------

That night I sat with Jane practicing my sewing.

"Jane, I think that we should get something for the Lady Mary, I was so please to meet her but it was not the circumstances I wished to meet her on. And I think we should send something to Lady Bryan and Elizabeth."

"I think that is a wonderful idea, your majesty." I smiled then looked to her. She had a tight sorrow smile

"Jane, it was not your fault your husband betrayed you with what you have believe to be another man. Nor is it Mary or Elizabeth's fault to be born of a King. Us women are much put upon in this world and it is my desire to promote there interests, and I'll trust you'll help me."

"Yes, your majesty."