Chapter Eight - Growing

So in the series the dates confuse me I know that the Pilgrimage of grace did come till October  but in mine they started stirring just before August because it was three months. I'll try to keep it true to history but I can't promise anything. In the series Charles is holding off so I'm going to use that time if that makes sense if it doesn't just ignore what i said.

-Charlotte-

It was mid August and my belly was visibly swollen. I sighed smiling, two children within the first year of marriage. I sighed and looked to Lady Missledon.

"Lady Missledon, I was wondering if I could have a private word alone for a moment. The others curtsied and left.

"Yes your majesty."

"Please sit" She did as I asked

"May I call you Ursula?"

"Yes, your majesty" I smiled

"Ursula, it has come to my attention that you have caught many an eye since your arrival. One of which is Sir Frances . Even though you are betrothed." she blushed

"I mean not to scold you. Infact it is to the contrary. As you know I have many beliefs and morals and what comes next I do not say or ask lightly." I took a bite of the fruit that had come from the new world, I had quite a craving for them. They were my favourite fruit.

"While I am carrying the Kings children and with what is going on in the North my husband will become un easy. There are most comforts he can seek with me but for the sake of our children are is one thing he cannot. Do you follow what I am saying?"

"You think his majesty will take a mistress." I nod

"I know he loves me beyond words can truly express  but he is a passionate man. I wish not to make the mistake of my predecessors. Which is why I think if he was to take a mistress his eyes would fall upon you."

"Your majesty I could never."

"I know it a ill burden for you to take, but if it does happen and it does not burden you then you have my blessing. Providing the fact that it is nothing more than what we've discussed."

"If his majesty sees fit I will do both your bidding."

"I thank you deeply "

-

Later on I was handling my sewing when Lady Rochford entered

"Lady Jane?"

"Your majesty, his majesty send his regrets that he cannot be with you at this moment in time and hopes you are well."

"Thank you. I worry for him, at such a time I know he's angry for so many things."

"You are right to do so. These rebels are nothing but villains they are totally alienated from true religion."

"With all respect I pity these men.  They have been forced into a corner and to fight back I am sure that with God's grace this can all end peacefully. It is just a matter of when."

"But your majesty, the want to kill you." Lady Anna said. I took her hand

"It is but a few a small group I am told. I pity them too because they have such hatred the channel it into the first person they think of." I tapped her hand

"No, I am a survivor. I have survived years without family and with them I can be more strong than I once was. Have faith that I will not be harmed so long as my brother, my husband and those truly loyal to the King stand behind me.

"I hope soon they will be overcome" Jane stood firm

"Yes, Lady Jane... I have something for you to arrange. I'm sure it will give my husband a great deal of pleasure and distract him from current matters."

--3rd Person--

That night Henry entered his wife's chambers. Her Ladies in waiting curtsied to their King.

"Your Majesty, the Queen is sleeping." Lady Ursula informed him. Henry admitted that he was not intrigued by the young Lady, but he had sworn to himself upon pain of death that his wife was the only woman for him. I mattered not that she would not care if he took a mistress while she was pregnant. She was his and he was her's.

"No matter. Leave us." the curtsied one more and left their mistresses chambers. He opened the curtain to where his wife was sleeping peacefully. A open book in one hand and the other resting on her belly. I leaned against the wall for a moment just admiring how golden she looked in the fire light. Her natural beauty mixed with the glow from her pregnancy she looked like an angel.

He moved towards the  bed and took the book from her hand. she shuffled about before once again settling. He lifted the covers and moved the supporting pillow which was actually there for her when he was not and settled in beside her. Placing a hand on her he spoke softly.

"I swear to you my sons. Alexander and Oliver, I will protect you and your mother with my life. No harm shall ever come to either of you." he kissed her stomach and she slightly arose.

"Harry?" she mumbled

"Shh, sleep my love. " he laid down next to her and she moved to be in his arms and calm as soon as she got as close as she could with her growing children. With one last kiss upon her head he fell into a deep slumber

-

The next day Henry had promised not to be parted from her as she took rest. She was moved to his chambers so that he could freely go between rooms. She could walk around and do her duties but it was imperative, seen as she was carrying twins that she had to take lots of rests. Come November she would be lying in although she was trying to work her way being in company for Christmastide.

-Charlotte-

"Harry, you're hovering." I sigh as I read my book. Beauty and the beast (I know not a Tudor book but who cares it's fan fiction)

"I am not."

"You are and it's distracting. I'm fine, you are in the next room if a need anything." he was about to say something when a groom announced.

"The Lord Privy seal and Sir Richard Rich." Harry looked at me.

"Go on." he left.

"Lady Jane" I called she entered

"I hope you might write down a letter for me. Oh and do we have any more of that fruit from the new world?"

"Yes, your majesty. The King has ordered more to be sent over here for the reminder of you pregnancy." I smiled he was the sweetest.

"Thank you Jane, would you please send in Lady Missledon." She curtsied  Ursula entered

"Come closer" she kneeled beside me.

"Do you have any news on the matter we discussed?"

"Your majesty, he has neither called or asked for me. Nor anyone else to warm his bed."  I looked at her.

"Really?" she nodded

"Many of the ladies have noticed that his eye does not linger anywhere else but you." I smiled

"That pleases me, thank you. But if anything else should occur I want you to tell me." Lady Anna brought some more fruit and Jane was setting up to write a letter when Harry's voice raised.

"And what of the Royal army? What are they doing to crush his rebellion? Where is His Grace, the Duke of Suffolk? And that basterd Shrewsbury. I told him too. " I looked to Ursula.

"Once you have finished tell Mr Cromwell I wish to see him." I told her

"Yes your majesty."