Chapter Eighteen - Good things to Come

I giggled as Harry's beard tickled my neck. He whispered sweet nothing and tugged on my ear as he lavished me with affection. The door opened

"Your majesties." We looked up "His Excellency Ambassador Eustace Chapuys." He entered and the both bowed.

"Excellency" Harry acknowledged.

"Your Majesties. The Emperor sends you his love and congratulations on your coronation of  Queen Charlotte. He has charged me with the grave responsibility of negotiating with Your Majesty with a suitable marriage for your daughter, the Lady Mary." the was a small pause.

"Who does the Emperor propose?" Henry asked

"His Highness Don Luis the heir to the throne of Portugal and the brother of the Emperor's wife, Isabella." he informed my husband and I

"What type of man is he, this Don Luis?" I asked

"He is in every way a paragon. A man of great integrity and virtue. A man who has fought military campaigns and won. A man with a profound knowledge of the world." He sounded suitable.

"My daughter has no knowledge of the world. She's and ingénue, an innocent. And a very spiritual person. How will this Don Luis treat her?" I took sip of my drink.

"Like a nun" I choked and coughed

"My apologies." I cleared my throat.

"In which case, alas, it may be difficult for them to produce children." I covered my mouth slightly.

"Excellency" He bowed once more and left. I started to giggle as my husband laughed  as he encircled his arms around me again.

"I feel sorry for Mary, she of all people is not to be treated...like a nun." I commented

-------

-3rd Person-

Henry was talking to clerics a month later when a messenger barged in.

"Your majesty." he panted then went closer.

"It's the Queen."  dread filled Henry as he rushed out and down to his wife's chambers. He slammed the door open and her ladies curtsied.

"Your majesty." the doctor bowed

"What's wrong."

"The Queen has taken a fever, Her ladies tell me that it began last night when self felt chills and aches in her body. She was too week this morning to be woken and has gotten worse." Henry went to see his wife.

"Your majesty there is also one more thing, of which I should inform you."

"What is it?"

"Her Majesty is with child again. And while so far it is seems not to affect the foetus we must keep watch over her till we know more." Henry entered and saw his wife pale and looking week. It was just the other night she had been laughing and conversing that she could not wait for their sons to come back home. Henry sat down next to his wife and took her hand.

"Why must you always have something wrong?" he chuckled as he cried. Cried out of happiness and worry. "You were like this last time, overworked and you ended up fainting. Should I take it as a sign that every time you become Ill or something like this happens you are with child."

Charlotte heard him speak but all she could do was let out a chocked laugh. She ached and felt awful. She felt on fire but at the same time she felt cold in places like freezing cold.

Henry stayed by his wife's side till her fever broke. He broke away to tend to matters but until she fair better.

In a couple of weeks Charlotte was sat up in bed. The physicians had now determined that she was only a couple of months pregnant with their third child and the Fifth Tudor.

"You look much better, my love." Henry stoked the side of her face.

"I feel it. Though I am still tired. I am told to rest for at least another week. Which means I cannot greet out children properly."

"Worry not, for I shall bring them too you. I am sure they miss their mother."

"Thank you for staying with me."

"I will always stay with you." he sat upon the bed "Through life and through death. For all eternity I am yours." She cried a little at the devotion he held so passionate for her.

"I love you Henry Tudor."

"As I love you Charlotte Tudor."

gstaticPѦ