Chapter Fifteen - The Prince's Future

"Her Majesty the Queen! and Their Royal Highness' Prince Alexander and Prince Oliver !" I walked through court with Lady Ursula and Lady Jane holding my two boys. It still felt unreal that I was married to the King of England. Having people bow and curtsy in respect as I walked past. I stood in front of Harry's chambers.

"Just announce me for the time being." the groom nodded and opened the door.

"Her Majesty, Queen Charlotte." I walked in and curtsied

"My Queen." I stood upright again

"My King" He held is hands out for me to take which I did and we kissed. It was then that I noticed he wasn't alone.

"Mr Cromwell" He bowed

"Your majesty." I made my way towards him.

"I trust the Lord Privy Seal has seen the error of his ways after our little talk"

"Yes your majesty" he still had his head and part of himself lowered in respect.

"What talk was this?" Harry asked

"The talk of not making my beloved Uncle a murderer. I kindly explained that people who needed to be seen to put to death are or have been. To call for any more bloodshed would ruin the work you've began to heal this contrary. " I turned fully to face him.

"The people know you need to show an example. And I know that the towns people have love for their Queen and wished to see those who threatened my life and that of our children who were unborn at the time to be killed. Anymore and it might tear a larger rift. Isn't that right master Cromwell."

"Of course your Majesty." I smiled

"I am glad you've come to my way of thinking. I'm just protecting my family and people. Isn't that a role of a Queen to be the gentle yet firm figure?" Slipping my arms around my husband's waist he kissed my head.

"I believe it is. When is the execution of the traitors?"

"Three hours hence, Your majesty" Cromwell who was now standing and looking at the both of us replied.

"Good."

"There was a reason why I came here, My King. Might I speak to you alone?" We looked to Cromwell who was dismissed.

"What is wrong, my love?" He sat down and took a drink of wine.

"I was wondering if it was really necessary to execute Mr Aske? While I agree rebels must be dealt with. It was he who handed over the list of names of those who were treacherous against me?"

"He was a rebel leader, Lottie. Rebellion is a sin and must be dealt with. For giving me the list of the names I promised half of restoration and other to be turned into something useful."

"I agree and like I have said before I pick my battles. At least hear his side of events if you still feel the same then I will question no further. I swear." he took my hand

"Why do you care so much?"

"It is one of the many things you love about me." I grin "Besides, Mr Aske has proven himself of noble intentions. He stood for what he believed in. From what my Uncle has told me he was the one who stood up in my defence against people such as Mr Constable. For such kindness he deserves a decent hearing. Or at least respect." He huffed out a sigh.

"I will hear him out, but that is all."

"That is all I can ask without meddling." I laugh. "Now i have someone who would like to see you." I nodded for them to come in. Henry stood upon seeing our children. He picked up Oliver while I took Alexander.