Chapter Nineteen - A little Princess

December 1937

-Charlotte-

It was Christmas Eve and I was excited for the arrival of Alexander and Oliver.  I had Elizabeth sitting next to me and Mary was on her father other side.

"Would you please excuse me and Elizabeth for a moment, Father?" Mary asked

"Of course" the stood and left into the crowd. I leaned into Henry.

"When will they boys be here? I've missed them so much." He chuckled

"I am told soon, be at ease my love. Too much excitement for the baby."

"You mean our little Princess." I giggled. I looked down at my swollen belly and rubbed it fondly.

"Your Majesties" My Uncle bowed

"Charles" Henry inclined his head

"Uncle" I beamed

"As we know this time of year is special but we have even more cause to celebrate it this year for it is the anniversary of the birth of their Highness' Prince Alexander and Prince Oliver. Which is why I think they should be here, do you not." He stepped to one side and Mary and Elizabeth entered with their brothers. Every one clapped as my smile grew wider.

They curtsied and smiled at us. I stood and made my way over to the two. Lady Bryan followed behind them. I took Alexander and kissed his cheek. I laughed lifting him up and the crowd clapped again. I turned toward Henry  and took Alexander over to him then went back for Oliver. He saw me and there was a few teeth. He was cheeky one.  I took my seat with Elizabeth sitting next to me once more.

It was Christmas day and there were celebrations all over London. Henry was with us the entire day. He was only to be called for when there was something urgent that could not wait. Not that we were interrupted. The six of us spent a lovely day together.

-Three Months Later-

I sat in my chambers waiting for a sign that my little Princess was ready to arrive. I was happy that Catherine was with child again and she was not far behind me. While I was happy I felt something bad was going to happen. Harry had made it clear that whenever I was pregnant  I would be allowed to know little things but he would decide whether I would know.

"Jane what news do you hear at court?" I asked while looking at a dress which I has made. I then looked at her which she seemed to hesitate.

"What is it, Jane." I asked again

"There has been whispers that three murders have happened."

"What?" She nodded

"Yes, One from the inner circle of the Lord Privy Seal, Charles Brandon and Edward Seymour."

"How dreadful, Oh" I grasped my belly.

"Is everything alright, my lady."

"Yes, she's just kicking. I think she is going to be a strong little Princess."

"What makes you think it's a girl?" she smiled

"Instinct and hope. I have given birth to two boys.  I have fulfilled my duty as Queen to this contrary. So I think I deserve a girl." I laugh.

"What if you had a boy?"

"And risk my husband's ego becoming bigger? No. I cannot have that, him boasting about how he has the right wife and with such can produce a brood of sons. Besides I think my children need someone to protect. My men have a good nature when they have someone they love to protect. " The door opened and a groom entered