Chapter Eleven - Show no Fear! (Edited)

I sat on the balcony watching the court below out of complete sight.

"Your Majesty. Sir Ralph Ellerker and Mr John Constable." The court became quiet and the parted as they made their way forward. Upon nearing the King they kneeled.

"Gentlemen, I ask you this what King has kept his subjects so long with wealth and peace. So ministered to justice equally high and low and protect you from outward enemies...I've read your submission. Your first pretence is that you seek to maintain the faith. Well, I'll tell you now that is nothing more contrary to God's commandment than rebellion. Rising like a mad man against your prince, leaving lands untilled and corn unsown and what is worse threaten the life of my wife, your Queen because you think she is a harlot, witch and a libertine heretic." the court gasped at that.

"That is not the behaviour of the proper commonwealth you claim to be."

"Majesty, I feel compelled to -" one was silenced

"Hush, you are before the King's majesty."

"You make false claims about our intentions towards the church and hover on the edge of high treason. We have done nothing but what the clergy in York and Canterbury agreed was in accordance with God's holy word."

"Come" I made my way down. I needed to see two of the captains face to face. I will be damned if I let them get to me.

"God's holy word, Gentlemen. So how can the simple people sat to the contrary? What presumption is it of them to claim knowledge of God's law and judge people they do not know. When they are innocent and less knowledgeable and should rather know their duty."

"Her Majesty, The Queen!" I was announced and with my ladies I walked in tall and unafraid. I would rather face the displeasure of my husband that be bulled and frightened. The court bowed and I felt my husband's eyes burn into me.

"Your majesty" I curtsied as well as I could at the moment.

"my lady." I turned to face the men.

"Are these them?"

"Yes."

"I hope Lord have pity on your souls, and you ask for forgiveness from his majesty and God." I turned and bowed again and left.

-----

"Out! All of you!" Harry yelled i carried on sewing knowing what was coming.

"You disobeyed my orders. I specifically told you not to stay on the balcony."

"I know."

"Lottie, all I want is to protect you and our children." he lowered his voice

"Harry." i stood up. "You, picked me to be your wife, mother to your children and your Queen. I desire nothing more to be those for you.But you have known since we met that I am not like any other woman. I'm not going to sit here scared when threatened, I stand and I fight back. Don't like it tough, Together, we can be far more unbeatable." he kissed me so passionately

"Do not go against my orders again."

"I want to promise but I can't" I chuckled

"You could have been hurt."

"How, they are but two men in a court who love their sovereigns. That and you would have killed them on the spot should they have a look of intention "

-

"Ugh, I need more fruit." I stood up and went to the bowl which was empty

"I'm going for a walk this room has become rather stuffy." they all stood and followed me.

"Her majesty the Queen." I walked through court and others bowed. I knew my husband would have Carambola or Star fruit same thing.

"Her majesty the Queen." I walked in. I saw my uncle and husband talking but stopped when I entered

"Sorry, did I Interrupt?"

"Of course, not my love."

"ah, just what i was looking for." I grabbed one from the bowl

"Like i told you Charles, her constant craving."

"Mine's all gone, I..." i stopped

"I need some meat now." I kissed their cheek and left.

-----