Chapter 25 (Derek)

Again I was driving with Scott through the preserve. But this time it was Stiles scent which made me jump out of the car. This time though Scott was following me.

We were running through the woods, following the scent.

Then finally I could see Stiles. My Mate.

But I also saw the Darach. I pushed my body harder to run faster. I could see the silver of a knife shining. The smell of blood stung in my nose, I was close enough to see Stiles' eyes close.

Before the Darach could press the knife down I jumped at her, getting her away from my Mate.

I sat on the woman growling at her. I saw the fear in her eyes in the moment I raised my arm to slash her throat with my claws.

When her body went limp, I stood up and turned to Stiles. Scott was already at his side. With a smile Scott looked up at me. "He's alright, just passed out from the lost of air." He pointed at a string hanging now loosely around his neck. I pulled it away, now I could see the angry red bruises under it. Tomorrow they would hopefully be gone. I turned my head slightly to listen to Stiles' heart. His heart sounded strong and steady. Everything alright.

Scott had already turned to Stiles' father and checked on him. While the Sheriff woke up and Scott explained to him that Stiles was alright and would probably wake up soon, I discovered that Stiles' wrist looked broken. I put the bone back in place. It would heal too.

"Let's go back to the car." I said and Scott and the Sheriff nodded.

Scott helped the Sheriff get to the car and I carried Stiles.

When we finally got to the car I placed Stiles in the backseat. The sheriff got into the passenger's seat and Scott behind the wheel, so I could sit with Stiles.

In the second after Scott got back on the street, Stiles steered and woke up.

"Stiles, How do you feel?" I asked as soon as his eyes opened. "Good. A bit dizzy, but no pain." Stiles said and looked down at his arm, where my hand was to pull his pain away. "Well that explains it." I gave Stiles a small smile.

"I'm so happy you are alright. We all were so worried." I explained.

"I'm also happy you're alright." The sheriff said. "Oh hey Dad. You're okay, too." Stiles said and we all knew that Stiles totally forgot about his father until now.

Not long after we were all at Stiles house. Melissa was putting a bandage around the sheriff's head, while the pup's run around Stiles making sure he was okay, which he was, he had already healed.

I smiled at the scene in front of me. Then Deaton tapped on my shoulder. "The last two Alphas of the Alpha pack gave me this." Deaton said and gave me a letter.

I opened and read:

To the Alpha of the Beacon Hills Pack and his Mate

My brother and I already know that our Pack is dead, but we also know it's the best. Deucalion was nothing more than a maniac, we see that now. We just got into his pack to feel for once in our life powerful and not helpless. We can just hope that you can forgive us for what we done.

We discussed this for a long time, we already planned on leaving the Alpha Pack, now we will leave Beacon Hills and hope to start a new life far away from you. Hopefully you except this and won't hunt us.

We are sorry for everything that happened.

Ethan and Aiden

I walked over to Stiles and gave him the letter. When he finished reading I waited for his decision. A part in me knew that it was pointless seeking revenge, because I knew the twins really were sorry. But still another part of mine wanted to rip their throats for touching my mate.

"It's ok. We won't do anything." Stiles said and even the pup's, who had read along, accepted Stiles decision. We all did.

I took the paper from Stiles finger and stuff it into my pocket. I didn't want to think about the Twins anymore. I pressed a kiss against his forehead, everything would be fine now.

More than fine.

"Stiles?" I asked and Stiles looked at me. "Yes, Sourwolf?" I gave him a little smile, before sinking down at one knee. I got the little box, I had bought a few days ago, out of my pocket.

I opened the box and Stiles saw for the first time the silver ring which had a little triskelion engraved in the front. "Will you marry me?" A few minutes nobody said anything. "I mean in the human world." I completed my request and Stiles cracked a smile. "Of course."

Those two little words were the best I ever heard in my life. Stiles stretched his hand in my direction and I put the ring on his finger. Slowly I kissed the ring and the finger once, but quickly moved up to kiss his lips.

A really high pitched squeak got me and Stiles to remember that we weren't the only ones in the room. We both turned out head to look at our pup's. They all seemed just as happy as me and Stiles about our engagement.

While the pup's now all stormed at us to hug us and congratulate us, I was relived for the first time since Paige, the Fire and Kate I was truly happy again. The day I killed Paige I lost my innocent, something pure and good in my heart. The day Kate killed my whole family I lost my past.

But Stiles didn't car about the missing innocent, didn't care I was broken. He just made me whole again without even trying. I lost my past, my family. But Stiles and the Pack they were my future, my family right now. Everything I needed I had.

They would come bad times, but with my pack and my mate we would fight everything. Together we could life the perfect life we want.

The End

~

The Sequel: Being a Mate ~ Sterek ~ A Sequel to "Becoming a Mate"

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/77464545-being-a-mate-~-sterek-~-a-sequel-to-becoming-a