Chapter 14 (Erica)

The whole day I smelled this weird smell and after Stiles took so long to come back from the bathroom, I also got a permission for leaving class for a short bathroom break. Of course I just wanted to search for Stiles.

I walked the way to the bathrooms.

When I came across the boy locker rooms I stopped dead in my tracks. I smelled blood - Stiles blood - my mom's blood.

I didn't even try to open the door normally, I just kick it in.

Just one glance at the giant twins and I know what they were and why I smelled this strange smell the whole day. They were Alphas. Alphas from the Alpha pack.

I saw Mom on the ground near the showers and there was so much blood. "Mom!", I screamed out.

In that moment I didn't cared that I was a beta and faced two much bigger Alphas. They hurt mom. They would pay.

I took the first twin by surprise. I just rammed my claws into his side and slashed open half his stomach. The other one longed for my throat, but he seemed too slow for me, I ducked away and then tackled him down.

I growled loudly at the Alpha and I know my eyes were glowing bright yellow. I hoped my pack would hear me growl. They needed to help me. Mom needed as many from us as possible to heal.

The Alpha, which I tackled down, throw me against a wall, so hard that the wall crumbled a bit and I couldn't breath for a moment. I fall to the ground, now Mom was right next to me, but that doesn't helped to calm me. So close I could hear how much trouble mom had to simply breath. But still I heard mom whisper to me. "Erica. Run. Please. Be safe." A tear slipped from my face, when mom stop speaking because the pain became too much.

My Mother was strong. He want me safe at all cost. So I had to be even stronger to protect my mother.

I jumped back up to my feet, despite the pain in my back, which was nothing compared to my Mom's pain, and shifted to my werewolf form. I growled loudly at the two Alphas, but they weren't here anymore. I shifted back, confused. I could still smell them, but I didn't followed their scent. First I just stood in the locker room baffled. But then I heard mum whimper again.

I turned around and gripped mum's arm at a place that wasn't full of blood to pull away pain, but it was so much pain and didn't get better. He still could barely breath, I didn't know how to help him. Mom coughed and sprinkles of dark blood painted his chin and throat now. Desperation overcame me and tears flood down my face.

"Love Derek. Love you. Pup's." I barely heard mum say it, but I see the sad smile, before mom's eyes began to slide shut.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no! Mom! Mommy! You need to wake up, please. I need you mummy." I was sobbing now. I still heard Mom's slow and quiet heartbeat, but I was scarred I was just making the sound up.

"Erica! What's going on?" I heard Jackson's voice and turned around. "Mommy ..." I just whimper and Jackson sent a message with a phone to who knows who, then he came over to me and mom.

He grabbed mum's shoulder to also ease his pain. I see mom's eyes flutter a bit and now I was certain, that I hear a  faint heartbeat.

"Hey, mom. Don't worry. The others will come." Jackson sounded collected but I could smell the fear on him and his eyes were close to burst into tears.

"What happened? Are you alright, Erica?", Allison asked  from the locker room door, completely out of breath, the pack behind her. She first didn't saw mom, but I know she saw him when her face showed complete horror. They all run to mom to take pain or just to be here.

"Lydia, call Derek." Scott commanded and Lydia did, without moving away from mom.

The next minutes were filled with silent tension, just broken from mom's heavy breaths.

When Dad stormed in, I could see how mom raised his head a little.

"Deaton." Was all Dad said to us, before he lifted mom up. Nobody dared to say anything.

We others followed close behind Dad, easing pain, while dad walked, he walked the whole way to Deaton, I think mom lost his consciousness on the way, but at least there was still mom's heartbeat, we all desperately listened for.

Lydia bangend on the door of the animal clinic. As soon as Deaton opened and saw mom he was in emergency mode.

"We need to bring his bones in the right position again they can't heal otherwise." Deaton already said while motioned for dad to lay mommy down on the table.

All werewolves took the pain, but still mom hissed in pain, sliding out and in concussioness all the time, when his rib bones got moved back in place. The only positive thing was that mom's breathing sounded more clear and less like wheezing, after everything was done.

Deaton first wanted to wait till he would put the other bones back in place. But dad shot him a death glare. Sure this was really exhausting for us, but mom needed to be ok as soon as possible.

Deaton gave mom painkillers while his bones healed, so we could rest a bit. For us that meant, we would make shifts and still at least two people would take away pain at every moment.

I was resting and Isaac and dad took pain. Mom didn't woke up after he blacked out the last time. Isaac had his head next to mom and whimpered. "When will mommy wake up?"

Nobody answered, because we all didn't know.

We sat in Deaton's clinic for hours and mom still didn't woke up. "Someone should call the sheriff." Deaton suggested. But Derek shook his head and that was enough for Deaton to leave it.

It was getting dark outside and mom still hasn't woken up.

Dad even started to give mom kisses every once in awhile, but still nothing.

After Lydia let out a sob, she got pulled into Jackson's arms. She sure was trying to get the sobbing in control. She wasn't the only one with tears in her eyes, but she started to get completely overwhelmed too much to handle for Jackson.

Dad took Boyd's hand motioning him to take his place at mom's side.

"Hey, hey." Dad whispered and took Lydia in his arms. "Stiles will be alright again and we will kill whoever did this." Lydia seemed to calm down a bit and after a moment of silence, I spoke up. "It were twins, both Alphas. There are from the Alpha Pack."

"Why do you know who attacked mom?" Allison asked, her face was also tear stained. "I fought against them, but they left after a few minutes. They just wanted to hurt mom ..." I couldn't keep speaking. I felt Dad's arms around me now. I buried my face into dad's chest. It smelled like woods, pack, family ..., but it smelled also like mom.

"How could you even stand up against two Alphas on your own." Deaton asked. I shrugged. Derek calmed me enough so I could speak again. "I needed to protect my mom so that was everything that mattered. I didn't thought much I just followed my instinct"

Deaton seemed to think for a moment, before he shared his thoughts with us. "I think it works both ways. Stiles is able to heal near the pack and the pack is able to get stronger near Stiles at least when his life's in danger. An Instinct to protect the Alpha's Mate."

Nobody really cared about the revelation, maybe we would care more, if mom would finally wake up. It's just, that not one of us could care about anything else than Mom at the moment.