Chapter 5 (Stiles)

When I stepped out to the parking lot after training, I already saw Derek. A big smile got onto my face and I really couldn't stop myself.

Derek smiled back and the butterflies in my stomach returned. Normally a smiling Derek would be really rare, but it seems like he didn't do anything else since yesterday.

"My ride.", I explained to the werewolves who also played laCrosse. "That is great. I mean today is a pack meeting at Derek's ..." Scott said sourly. When I glance over to Derek, I know he heard what Scott said and also totally forget about the meeting.

Still it was Derek's idea to have these meetings at least once a month.

I mostly didn't go, because I didn't took this Alpha Pack thing too serious, so I simply stayed at home, but this time, I could sit with Derek all the time and maybe even have some alone time with him after the meeting was finished.

So I just said. "Yeah, I know about the meeting." Then I simply abandoned Scott and hopped over to Derek and nearly jumped into his arms.

"Hey, Wolfy.", I greeted him and gave him a peck on his cheek. "Hey, beautiful." Derek respond and I could feel the colour raise in my cheeks. I liked pet names, but I still got embarrassed by them.

"Come on, let's go." Derek whispered to me after a while of just hugging each other. I just nod and got into shotgun.

Derek was quiet while we drove. I told him about school and stuff, nothing important and he just sat there looking like the best thing in the world was to listen to my nonsense.

When we arrived at Derek's loft the others were already here, even the girls. Derek went the long way around to his loft, so we had more time alone, even if it was just talking to each other. The others from the pack all looked at Derek and me like animals in a zoo, like they just waited for us to do something.

The Girls seemed satisfied with everything we did, because they whisper and squeak at each other words like 'cute' and 'adorable', when they saw me and Derek walking hand in hand into the loft.

The Boys had also a smug grin on their faces whenever Derek just leaned a little closer to me. Except for Scott, he remind me of my dad. His face showed clearly, that he would rip Derek's hand off if he would touch me without my permission. I mostly just rolled my eyes at Scott.

The whole meeting was like that.

I was sitting on a couch, ok, more like in Derek's lap. He had his arms around me and gave me cute little kiss when he had the opportunity. But what really surprised me was the Hunter next to me and the former Kanima on my other side. The couch was actually for three people, but next to Allison, Jackson, Derek and me, Erica also found a way to fit on the couch.

Again I was wondering, why they were so clingy.

While the pack meeting  took place Scott suggest that he could go on a patrol at night, looking for the Alpha Pack. Jackson wanted to come along, but Derek didn't want them to go. But I didn't care what their wanted. At the thought that Scott and Jackson were looking for an Alpha Pack on their own in the dark my heart scrumbed together. 

"You are not going.", I said to the two, ignoring Derek and Scott's argument about that topic. "But if we want certainty then someone need to." Jackson argued, but I shook my head. "I'm not letting you get hurt. Even when there is no alpha Pack, there is enough other evil out there. I won't let you get hurt." I looked directly into Scott's eyes and he looked somewhat shocked. "Are you ... worried?" Scott asked me and I nod. I also wanted to make an snarky comment, that of course I'm worried, but then Jackson hugged me. "We won't go.", he promised. After Scott also promised me not to go, the meeting continued and we weren't talking about it anymore. It was like they try to avoid everything that could make me worried or sad. Whatever was happening lately it get's worse. Even if I didn't thought it was a bad thing, to have the pack all clingy and nice. 

After the meeting the others didn't wanted to go even after Derek glanced at them like he wanted to kill all of them. I told Derek it was ok when they stayed and he listened to me. I really could get used to that part. It was nice when everyone listened to what you said and actually did what you wanted for once.

So when I suggested to watch Star Wars the others agreed to it, even Scott. When I asked why now he just blushed and said something about, that I would never shut up about him finally watching it.

Twenty minutes after the actual pack meeting ended I sat between Derek's legs, on my right side Lydia in Jackson's lap, on my left Erica in Boyd's lap. Allison and Scott somehow squeezed themselves somewhere on the couch and Isaac laid over our legs. I had Isaac's stomach on my lap and I merciless took advantage of his stomach by placing a bowl of popcorn on it.

After we finished Star Wars IV (because the movies IV to VI were better than the movies I to III) I got up to use the bathroom. When I came back, everyone except Derek, Isaac and Jackson were gone. Isaac lived here since his parents died and Jackson didn't talked to his family since the whole Kanima thing. I didn't even wonder the others were gone. Derek probably wanted a bit time alone with me. I was sure the only reason he didn't scared Isaac and Jackson away was, because it was late at night and they practically lived here. What wondered me was Derek, who was typing on my phone.

"What are you doing?", I asked, while going to the couch and looking over his shoulder. I heard the vibration of an incoming text and looked on the screen.

Dad > When do you come home?

Stiles < Can I stay at Scott's?

Dad > It's school tomorrow

Stiles < Please! I will go to bed early!

Dad > Ok

After I read the last messages between my dad and 'me' (Derek wrote the last messages) I glared at Derek. He didn't let me glare much, because he pressed his lips to mine. I smiled a bit in the kiss. That was really good.

A cough interrupted us. It was Isaac. "We go to bed now." Jackson said awkwardly and the two boys disappeared upstairs.  Derek probably took that at his clue to just grab me by my hips and carry me over to his bed.

I didn't even know how long we were just kissing. I even were a bit disappointed that Derek didn't try to get into my pants. It seemed like he wanted to a few times actually. But every time his hands wandered dangerously low, he put them into save space again, like he was reminding himself to not do anything. Maybe Allison was right and Derek would wait until I was eighteen. That would suck by the way. I seriously planned on losing my virginity before I would turn 18. But I couldn't be sure that Derek wanted to wait, I didn't asked him. I didn't though I was ready yet (I mean in this exact same night), but maybe I was, I had no idea. The only thing I know with certainty was that I sure wouldn't lose my virginity in a bed, which just stood in the open space and with two werewolves, who could just get downstairs by any moment and had super hearing by the way, upstairs.

So I didn't took it so hard, that Derek didn't do anything. At least he was spooning me when we finally decided to lay down. Sure I loved kissing Derek. I would do it the whole night long, but I needed to get at least a little bit sleep for school tomorrow.

When I fall asleep I didn't even noticed that I completely forgot to do homework or what to wear tomorrow. I just laid in my boxers next to Derek. My clothes cold on the ground, but my body was pleasant warm from Derek's body heat.

Derek and I still had plenty of time. Seriously we didn't even hit the one week mark yet and I become 18 in half an eternity, so we could take our sweet time.