Chapter 6 (Derek)

When I woke up in the morning the other side of the bed was empty. I smiled. It still smelled like Stiles.

I heard small cursing out of the kitchen and shot up. It was Stiles.

I was nearly sprinting into the kitchen just to see Stiles with a finger in his mouth and a knife next to a half cut apple. Immediately I jumped in front of Stiles, he just gave me a little smile. "Just cut my finger.", he mumble and showed me a deep red cut in his index finger. I grabbed his wrist to take away every last bit of his pain. I wouldn't allow Stiles to feel pain, not even a little bit.

"I'm ok." Stiles reassured me, after he discovered what I was doing. But I didn't let him go. He just rolled his eyes and then he kissed me. I loved how his lips taste, mostly sweet, but mixed with a thousand different flavours.

When Stiles pulled away with a wide grin I noticed that I wasn't holding Stiles' arm anymore. He just wanted to distract me! Stiles laughed at my face, I probably looked like he betrayed me. It felt like that a little bit. "Derek, I am fine. Look it is just a little cut." Stiles shoved his finger nearly in my eye, but my eyes got big. "What?" He asked. "Stiles, there isn't a cut anymore." I marked and Stiles now shoved his finger nearly in his own eye. "There is not even a scar! You know what that means?" I just raised a eyebrow.

"I can heal. But just when you kiss me!" My eyebrow raised even higher. "Derek, I could feel it heal when we kissed." I pulled him in for a hug. He sounded desperate, like I wouldn't believe him. That was rubbish. He was everything for me, I would always listen to him, always believe him. Even if I pretend not to for a long time.

"I think we should go to Deaton after you're out of school. Maybe you heal, because you are my mate. I'm sure Deaton knows a few things about mate's." I pet softly his hair. I liked that it was a bit longer now. He looked even cuter with his new hairstyle. "I think we should also talk to Chris. I know you don't like the Argents, except Allison, because she somehow became pack, but he comes from an old hunting family, I bet they know more about Mate's than Deaton does. So, please think about it." I nod and just continued  pet his hair. I already knew we would go to Argent and ask him about Mate's, if that was what Stiles wanted. "Derek, could you please not tell the others about the healing thing, I first want to know what's going on, before telling the pack." "Sure, dear." I said.

Then I put Stiles on a chair, press a mug with coffee in his hand and started to cut the apple for him. I wouldn't let him get another cut.

When I was ready Stiles wanted to change so he got to my bed, but a few moments later he stuck his head back into the kitchen and asked for a shirt, I told him he could just grab something from me.

When he came in after half an eternity later, he had one of my shirts on and it looked adorable.

The white shirt was a little bit too big for him, making him look even smaller and cuter. Also smelling my scent on him was great.

Just in that moment Jackson and Isaac came down to the kitchen, both fully clothed, but sleepy. "Hey, Stiles. I can take you to school in a few minutes, if you want to.", Jackson offered still sleepy and Stiles nod unsure "Sure." I growled low, so just Jackson could hear it. How dare he steal my precious time with Stiles! I pressed a little kiss to Stiles cheek, when Stiles stands up to get more coffee. I just wanted to make sure, Stiles would smell like me.

"Here. I think you two could need it." Stiles says with a smile setting two mugs full of coffee in front of the nearly asleep boys. "Thanks." Jackson mumbled. Isaac also said thanks, but he did it differently. "Thanks, mom."

I suppress a laugh, when Stiles stiffened and Isaac began to blush madly, because he realized what he just said. "Did you just call me 'mom'?" Isaac blushed even more. "I'm sorry, I'm still half asleep. I didn't meant to." Isaac rambled a little, his face now deep red.  "It's ok." Stiles just mumbled and Isaac looked really embarrassed.

When Stiles was gone ten minutes later, I laid down on the couch and start to read a book about Pack Dynamics. I actually tried to find out how an Alpha pack would even work. I was hoping to find something in this book that would tell me that the Alpha pack was probably far away from Beacon Hills, because too many Alphas could never decide what they want to do and so they decision to come here got changed again.

Of course my mind wandered off to Stiles. We should really visit Deaton. Healing abilities and the pack's strange behaviour towards Stiles. I was lucky they all liked Stiles, but how could they not? Stiles was gorgeous. But that wasn't the point. They all wanted to be near him and the strange part was:

I was ok with it.

Actually it drives me nuts, when someone touches Stiles or wanted to be near him, but with the pack it was ok. Maybe Isaac wasn't the only one in the pack, who saw Stiles more like a mother and maybe I knew it by instinct, so I didn't get jealous of my pack members.

But seriously I had no idea if I was right or if that was total rubbish.

We should really go to Deaton. I just hoped Deaton wouldn't make us feel like we were in a pair therapy.