Chapter 8 (Stiles)

In the end the whole pack was gathered in Deaton's animal clinic, because not one of the pack members wanted to let me get out of sight for more than two minutes.

"Mates?" Deaton asked again, his voice full of disbelief. "Yes. So far we discovered that Stiles can heal, when he is near me." Derek explained. Deaton gave me a quick glance.

"I don't know much about Mates, actually I never thought I would meet one. They are really rare. Maybe there are two living mates in the world at a time. I also know that there are something like tasks which need to get accomplished in order to become a real mate. It's called bonding. It's like ..." "... a marriage. Yeah Derek told us already. That's the reason why Stiles has a nearly complete pack symbol on his back." Lydia interrupted Deaton. "Yeah, I'm sorry I just know little about it. I can try making a few calls, finding out more." Deaton gave me an apologetic look and I just nod in understanding. Hell, I didn't even know that something like an Alpha's Mate exist a few days ago.

I see the pack moving from their previous positions to the door so we could leave. I also turn around, but then turn back to Deaton. "When you do research, can you look for something specific?" I asked and Deaton nodded. "What would that be?" "I want to know if that Mate thing has effects on the pack as well." "Sure I can look that up, too." "Thanks." Than I turn around for good, ignoring Derek's questioning look. I know the whole pack would made me explain this when we were back at Derek's loft.

I was right. I was just carrying the last plates with pizza in the living room of Derek's loft, when the others already started to look at me expectantly. I sighed a little and gave Derek one of the plates and keep the other one for myself.

When I sat between Scott and Derek and just started to eat my pizza. It was still hot.

After we got back to the loft. The others still refused to leave me alone, so I made Pizza for everyone.

"Stiles! Could you please tell us why you were asking Deaton to find out about a connecting between Pack and Mates!" Lydia lost it first. I just raised my eyebrows. "You seriously don't see a pattern of behaviour since Derek became an alpha." "What does that have to do with Derek?" Boyd ask. He always acted like a big boy, but sometimes he was a bit slow. "Maybe we discovered me being Derek's mate just a few days ago, but I began to be his mate months ago, when the triskelion appeared. The triskelion appeared just a few weeks after Derek became an Alpha, maybe even sooner and I just didn't noticed it first. So it has a lot to do with Derek." "But we don't act any differently." Isaac says with a cute confused puppy face. "Dude, seriously? You called me mom this morning and you don't think that's a little strange?" Isaac blushed again, but to my surprise they all blushed and Derek looked like he suppressed a laughing fit.

"What?" I asked the pack and Scott answered blushing deeper with each word. "We talked about this a few weeks ago. Not with Derek, because he hadn't the same relationship with you, that was obvious. I of course never thought he wanted something like this ..." He made a waving hand motion to Derek and me, nearly knocking over my plate. "... with you. But whatever. We talked about how we all started to call you mom in our head. We talked about how much you really are a mother to us, a cool one though, but still a mom."

What. The . Hell.

"I don't act like a mom!" I defended myself and my man pride, but I get funny faces from everyone in the room, even Derek. All of their faces just look like they were about to say: You totally do and don't get it.

Erica was the first to disprove me. "You remember when we caught Jackson at that secret party, when he was the Kanima. Isaac touched Jackson and Jackson put his hand in a death lock. But you totally acted like a mom, telling us not to touch dangerous things. And then you were talking with Jackson. The whole time we were behind you, you wouldn't even let us get close. Totally overprotective!"

I opened my mouth to argue with her, even if I didn't really know what to say. All I know is that I'm not a mother hen.

But before I could talk Jackson interrupted me. "You just made us all pizza and you cut it in pieces and you even brought it to us, so we didn't need to get up!"

Again I opened my mouth, just so that Allison now could cut in. "When I broke up with Scott, I was really down at first and got drunk. My dad called for some reason you and you came at 3 am to pick me up from a club. Then you talked with me half of the night and made me feel so much better."

I saw how Allison and Scott throw each other little glances of guilt. The breakup was hard for both of them. But Allison really moved on, even if she didn't had someone new and Scott, well, he now had someone else in mind.

"You now mostly all of my secrets and I know you didn't spill them out to anybody." Scott said and when he looked at me, I know he meant actually my open ear, when he talked about his new love interest.

"You scold me today, because I was just a little rogue to Greenberg." Jackson throws in. "You were about to hit him or more likely kill him considering the look on your face!" I nearly screamed at him. Little rogue? This guy was hopeless. "And again with the scolding." Jackson murmured. "I heard that!" I warned him and gave him a death glance, this made Derek giggle. Despite the fact that hearing Derek giggle was such a wonderful sound and I loved it with every bit of my body, I still turned my death glare against him. "You want to say something?" I asked coldly. "The others are right. You are really acting like a mother." Derek said still smiling widely. I groan frustrated.

At least Derek could have helped me. "Now that it is clear that Stiles is really a mom, can we call him mom now?" Lydia asked like she was bored out of her mind, but I think I also see excitement in her eyes.

Okay, now I was pissed. "Of course." Derek said, smiling so sickly sweet at me. First I thought about pouting, but then I smiled at Lydia. "Yeah, of course. You can, but then you also need to call Derek dad, so he didn't feel left out." I explained calmly and cuddle closer to Derek. The Pack started to laugh at Derek's displeased face, but I wouldn't get them out so easily.

"Derek, dear. When we are mom and dad, we should really call them puppies. You know, because there are wolves and our kids." I smiled at Derek and immediately lighten up his mood. "That is a great idea, darling." He respond with a wicked grin playing on his face.

The Pup's groan. Even if I meant it as a joke. I liked to call them like that.

And maybe deep deep down I liked it to be called mom from now on.