Chapter 20 (Stiles)

My door was open and a sleeping Alpha werewolf was spooning me.

Looking back I should have seen it coming.

After weird breakfast with Derek and Dad, I put a few clothes in a bag together with a few things of the bathroom I had twice. I planned on just leaving them at Derek's, that was also the reason why I brought three pairs of pants, socks, underwear and a sweatpants and a bunch of shirts and hoodies.

I assure my dad that I wouldn't be alone with Derek, that the whole pack would be there and we mostly met over night because it was a full moon. I needed to repeat that at least four times before Dad let me go.

When I arrived with Derek at his loft, the other pack members were already there. "Mum! Dad!" I heard from all sides and soon Derek and I were in the middle of a group hug.

After the pup's made Dinner (pizza), we ate in front of the tv. First we watched a superhero movie, then some kind of romance drama, because the girls won't shut up about it and we were in the middle of a horror movie, when it happened.

Derek just disappeared into the bathroom, when Lydia and Jackson started to fight. No idea what they were fighting about in the first place, but now Lydia said so loud that everyone heard it. "You are the worst!" And everyone knew what would follow, Jackson maybe doesn't need to be chained up anymore in full moon nights but he still hasn't full control on full moon. So Jackson turned. Before anyone could move I was already there and pulled Lydia away. Whatever Lydia was, she never showed any kind of healing abilities, so she was safe as far away as possible. I knew that a werewolf with no control at a full moon, could kill even his loved ones.

Jackson was in full werewolf-mode now and growled at the pack. "Jackson!" I said in a demanding tone. Jackson turned his head to me, still all werewolfy, but I thought I saw a hint of recognizing in his glowing blue eyes.

But before anything else could happen, I heard a growl from behind me. Derek was also in werewolf-mode. His fangs bared, claws out and red eyes at Jackson. But Derek seemed to become even furrier and bigger. We all stared at Derek when he got bigger, his bones new formatting and fur spread out of his skin. His clothes ripped and laid on the ground now, when the whole pack stared at Derek in disbelief. In Derek's loft stood a giant black wolf.

Derek growled at Jackson and I could feel Jackson shift back behind me and whimper. "Derek? What the hell?!" I suddenly asked and Derek turned his head to me. His red eyes seemed more gentle, when he looked at me. I still didn't hear anything from the pup's, they're probably too shocked. But Derek seemed to be the only person, which acted like nothing happened. He just walked over to me and licked my hand, then he pushed me gently over to the couch. I sat down and Derek curled himself around my side. We continued to watch movies till we all fall asleep. The pup's even acted like normal after an hour. They also came to the couch Derek and I were on and cuddled with us, like nothing ever happened. At the same time Derek was still a fucking Wolf! He didn't even bothered to turn back into human form.

Still I fall asleep and in the next morning I woke up with a naked Derek around me. I woke him, so he could put some clothes on, before the pup's would be awake.

The Pup's were still asleep, when Derek came into the kitchen. He smiled and tried to kiss and hug me, but I didn't let him. I could feel that he was hurt, Deaton said that we would have an emotional bond after the first full moon as a married couple, but I was sure Deaton didn't mentioned that Derek would turn into a giant wolf.

"So we are just gonna ignore the fact, that you turned into a giant wolf last night?!" I asked with a bit sarcasm in my voice. Derek gave me a funny look after that. "You are mad." He stated, like he couldn't believe that he knew that. I rolled my eyes. "Emotional bond! Jesus, Derek, are you ever listening? Deaton told us." Derek looked a bit offended, maybe I could have said that in a nicer tone. But screw it! Derek was right I was mad. "I can turn into a wolf since yesterday. I don't even know why you make such a big deal out of it." Derek said. I rolled my eyes. "You have a new ability since yesterday and you don't care? You don't even want to know why?" I was completely baffled by the lack of interest my husband showed. "Stiles, it's because of you. Every time we became closer since I became an Alpha I could feel how I got stronger and when I was a wolf, I felt stronger than anything else. Like I could protect my pack from everything. So yeah, I don't question what will make us win over the Alpha Pack!" He got louder with every word. But before I could make a snarky remark, I heard Isaac wince. Derek and I turned to the kitchen door where our pup's were standing. They looked so sad that it nearly broke my heart. "Why are you fighting?" Boyd tried to sound casual, but I could hear the fear behind it. "It's about your Alpha turning into a wolf and doesn't even care about it." I answered and Derek huffed. "Maybe I just told you why I didn't care." He answered. "Will you break up now?" Erica interrupted us. She sounded really scared, like a few days ago, when I got beaten up by the Alphas and barely moved.

Derek shook his head. "We wouldn't break up, because of something like that." I explained to the pup's, but they didn't seemed convinced.

I and Derek sighed at the same time. "We still love each other no matter what." Derek explained. I looked at him and saw how soft his eyes were on me. "Derek is right. You don't have to worry, pup's." I assured them.

Later I was on the way home from Deaton, when I saw Derek's text.

<3 My Wolf <3 > Do you want to come over? I want to make up for this morning. I hate it, when you're mad at me.

I nearly made an totally unmanly 'Ooooh' sound, but I could stop myself and tipped back.

Stiles < I'm not mad at u anymore, Wolfy.

Stiles < Still, Dad will want me @home cause he didn't saw me ths WE. Will have some good ol dad & son - time :)

<3 My Wolf <3 > Okay

I smiled at my text and nearly drove into another car. After that I put my phone aside. Dad would kill me, if I would hurt myself in a car crush, because I was on the phone.

When I told Deaton a few minutes earlier about Derek turning into a giant wolf, he just said that he wasn't really surprised. It was a Mate-thing that Derek got stronger and even Derek's mother was able to turn into an actual wolf. At first I was a bit pissed that Derek didn't thought it was necessary to mention that his mother had such abilities, but I couldn't stay mad at him for long.

I came home before Dad did, like I expected. I would make something to eat and search for a good movie, while I would wait. I made Lasagna. When I was finished, I still had an hour until Dad would come home. So I decided to wait, before I would bake the food, so it wouldn't be cold when we ate.

I was just ready with cleaning the kitchen from the mess I made while cooking, when the phone rang.

I got it. "Hello, Stilinski here." I greeted the person on the other end.

"Hello, Stiles. I don't think we met. My name is Deucalion." The voice was ice cold and made shivers run down my spine. Deucalion. The Guy who attacked Boyd and Derek. The Alpha, who lead the Alpha Pack.

"What do you want?" I asked as cold as possible. I heard Deucalion chuckle. "I just want to have a nice chat."

"I don't believe that." I answered. Again the chuckle. "Not in the mood for a chat? Fine, than I just threaten you. I did research on you, my dear. You are just a kid, a human and still you run with the wolves. First I didn't get it. Why was everyone in the pack so fixated on you, but then the twins told me that the Betas call you 'Mom'. I put one and one together. You are Derek's Mate. It made all sense then. I heard the stories about Alphas and their Mates, about their unbreakable love for each other. But Stiles I will have fun proving you wrong. I will make Derek kill his Betas one by one. You will watch them die and be helpless about it. Because even if you are an Alpha's Mate, you are nothing more than a human. You won't be able to save them. Derek will kill your friends and then when you want to die because it hurts so much the person you love the most will grant you that wish. The Pack will die and just Derek will survive and come with us. You're just a thing that holds him back, but as soon as he feels the power he gets from killing his Betas, he will kill you too. You may be a problem in my plan, but not one I couldn't take care of. I just wanted to tell you that, Stiles. You can't protect them and you can't help them. You're just the reason they all have to die. Because at first I thought of letting the humans in the pack live, because Derek wouldn't get stronger from it, but now, they all need to die."

The line went dead, but I still clenched the phone in my hand. Tears run down my cheeks.

My pup's.

Deucalion can't hurt them. He just can't. I never felt that helpless like in this moment.

I just sat on the couch in the living room crying. Slowly I put the phone down and tried to stop crying, but I couldn't.

I heard the front door open and the voices of my pup's come to the living room, but I couldn't move.

My Pup's couldn't die. I won't let him. I will do anything to save them.