Chapter 3 (Derek)

I was laying on my bed. Stiles was laying half on top of me with his head on my chest. He had one of his hands clutched into my shirt and the other was holding mine. It made me happier than anything else did in my whole life. I even smiled at Stiles. It was clearly a long time ago I smiled. But around Stiles I couldn't change it. Since weeks I had tried to avoid the underaged kid I secretly fell in love with. But he wasn't some kid, he was my mate. I never expect to meet my mate.

"Just tell me anything you know about mates." Stiles said. He still didn't really know what to do with the situation, I could sense it. I squeezed his hand and try to memorize anything about mates I ever heard.

"First of all Allison is right: Mates are extremely rare. I never met an Alpha's Mate. I think my mother once did see a Mate, but she was really young and I think it was in Europe. The others of my family never met one I think. So I don't know so much about them, just the basics. The Alpha and the Mate are something like chosen by fate to be together, at least that was how a cousin of mine always put it, but she was a hopeless romantic. Peter once talked about it, because a Mate makes the Alpha stronger. I also know that the pack symbol from the Alpha appears at the Mate's body when they bond, but I already told you. I'm not sure what else it brings with it being an Alpha and a Mate, but we will see it together."

Again Stiles kind of burst into butterflies. Somehow I figured out in the short time, that Stiles liked it when I said things like 'we' and 'together'. Nothing made me happier than to know that Stiles got so happy by my words.

I kissed his forehead and he smiled shyly at me. He still seemed unsure about how to act around me. I gave him a smile.

"Stiles, being a Mate means you are equal to me in the pack. It means I love you forever. It means we will always be together. It means I belong to you and you to me."

First Stiles didn't respond he just hid his face in my chest. After a while I heard him speak. "I love you, Derek."

- - -

In the evening Stiles made me driving him to the school again.

Stiles didn't want his car to stand there all night and he needed to go home, so his father wouldn't worry.

After I got home and into bed I couldn't sleep, so I threw clothes over and made my way out of my loft and to Stiles house.

When I climbed through his window he already slept. He looked so peaceful, so I carefully took of my shoes, leather jacket, pants and shirt, till I standed in Stiles room with just my boxers on, then I slipped under the blanket with Stiles.

In the second I lay beside Stiles he pushed his body as close to mine as possible and hugged me, while he was still asleep. I just lay my arms around him and slept the best sleep I had in awhile.

On the next morning Stiles wasn't even surprised that I was here, he was just happy and that made me happy.

His father wasn't home, because of a night shift, so Stiles and I exchanged sweet kisses all the time. While he dressed, while he searched for his school bag, while we made breakfast, while we eat and in every single second in between. Surprisingly Stiles had a few minutes left before he needed to go to school. So we spent this time making out in the living room.

"You wanna have a ride?" I ask him in between kisses. Stiles thought about it. He didn't need a ride, but I wanted to spent more time with him and he wanted too because he said "Yes, but just if you pick me up after school."

I gave him a big grin. "Of course, my mate" I leaned in for another kiss. "That's great, my wolf." Stiles respond after the kiss to mock me. But I know Stiles loved pet names, so I would use every pet name I know.

While driving we were holding hands and before Stiles got out of the car, we exchanged a long kiss, which nearly ended in another make out session.

But after a while Stiles broke it. "I see you later.", Stiles whispered and then was gone.

My eyes followed him until he disappeared in the building. It would be awfully boring without him.

At least I could spend the time to look for any signs the Alpha Pack could have left. The others didn't took the threat too seriously, but I did and now I had my Mate. My Mate who I need to protect at all costs against every bad the world has to offer.