Chapter 9 (Stiles)

In the night I was sleeping over at my house, because my dad was already worried, because he hadn't saw me or heard my voice in over 24 hours. When I was in my bed of course Derek came through my window to cuddle with me. Before I fall asleep I decided with Derek that we would tell my dad the next day after school.

We would tell him about the supernatural world, not about us. I don't think dad would take it good, if we confront him with everything at the same time. This will be a one by one kind of thing. Although I wasn't even sure he would take the fact that werewolves and so much more weird stuff was actually real good.

Yeah, that was stuff I was thinking about while driving to school, this time in my Jeep. After all Derek needed to go early, because my dad was home in the morning. He would have a shift while I was in school and in the evening I would call him and tell him to go to Derek's loft. Derek and I planed all that last night - we didn't need long to figure the 'plan' out.

When I pulled into the school parking lot, I already saw Boyd and Erica there.

With a confused impression I jumped out and greeted them. "Hey, you two. What are you doing here?" It was weird seeing Boyd and Erica's face lighten up, just because I greeted them. Damn, they really became fond of me. I couldn't blame them, I also liked my pup's.

"Hey, Mom. We were waiting for you." Boyd said, while Erica hugged me. I was so lucky Boyd never spoke really loud, because otherwise some of the students would have heard the embarrassing nickname. Even if the pup's called me and Derek 'mom' and 'dad' all the time yesterday and I didn't care so much really, I still didn't want somebody outside of the pack to know about the weird pack dynamics we have. I mean seriously our pack was weird. Sure Derek was the father now, which was understandable he was the oldest and the Alpha. But me being the mother? That was so weird. Especially because Allison, Lydia, Jackson and Boyd were all older than me. It oddly felt like playing house, but at the same time it felt real - I didn't even know what I meant with that.

"Mom, you ok?" Erica asked softly. I shake my head to clear my mind and smiled at her. "Sure, Cupcake." I answered and smiled teasingly at her, she just rolled her eyes and linked her arm to mine, walking into the school building.

After an unadventurous econ class I met with Allison and Lydia in math. They both hugged me, what also get weird side glances from our class mates. They also greeted me with 'mom'. I wanted to tell them to cut it out, but they looked so happy using the word. It was the same with the other pup's.

Again I walked with Erica to the lunchroom and when we get to the others their already made space for me.

While lunch we just had normal conversations. Sure they called me mom at any occasion they had, but other than that it was just the usual.

A few boring classes later, we had practise. It was the most awkwardest practise ever. We just did goal training, but every time one of the pup's got a ball past Greenberg they looked at me, like they want me to praise them. Since it was Greenberg in the Goal and the pup's were werewolves with supernatural reflexes they score every time. But the worst part was that every time they walked directly to me and asked if I saw it. I nodded then and blushed furiously.

After a while even Coach noticed the pup's behaviour. "Stilinski! Come here!" I followed the Coach's waving hand. In the second I stand beside Coach he began his silent screaming speech the other team members couldn't hear, except they were werewolves. "What the hell is going on? Yesterday McCall, Lahey, Whittemore and you fanclub nearly got berserk, because of you falling down and sprain your ankle a little bit and today they acting, like you are some damsel they need to woo."

In order to distract Coach from the werewolf/lacrosse players, I asked. "What fanclub?" Coach waved his hand aggressively to the tribunes. "I mean Martin, Argent, Reyes and Boyd. They don't even take their eyes of you."

I rubbed my neck with one hand, trying to think fast. "You know, they're really protective over friends and because I got hurt yesterday, they are really cautious, even if nothing happened." Neither me nor Coach were convinced by my lame explanation. "Just go back on the field and tell Lahey, Whittemore and McCall to stop making goo-goo eyes at you and concentrating more on practise."

Of course the three werewolves heard Coach, but even then they couldn't stop giving me a proud glance when they score.

After all training went good. I also scored a few times, of course not so good like the werewolves or the other good players in the team like Danny, but for my measure it was good.

Later that day my dad sat in the middle of Derek's loft, the whole pack was gathered around him. He still had no idea what we wanted from him. Thinking of that I just called him and asked him to come to the loft after his shift without further explanations, of course he was a little confused. I was afraid my dad would panic when I would tell him that all teenagers around him were supernatural creatures. I hope he wouldn't panic. First I wanted to tell my dad alone or just with Derek and me, but the pack wanted to be with me when I told him, but I let them promise me not to call me mom in front of my dad.

"Ok, dad. Do you remember all those animal attacks from a year ago. Those weren't animals attack. It were werewolf attacks!" Short and direct. I hope the technique worked.

Dad looked at me like I was completely insane now. Didn't seem to work good. Then he looked at the faces of the others in the room. "Wait you all believe him?!" Dad asked shocked. "I'm one of those werewolves."said Jackson. Now my dad looked at him like he thought Jackson was insane, too. "Oh I'm not the only one. Boyd, Erica, Isaac and Scott are also werewolves. Lydia is also a supernatural creature we're just not sure which one and Allison comes from an old family of werewolf hunters. Derek is also a werewolf but he is our alpha, that means he stands above us." My father looked baffled.

He didn't know Jackson that good but he seemed to believe that Jackson wouldn't joke about something like that. "Show him." I said to Erica. Hoping she wouldn't scare my dad too much. Her eyes glowed yellow and fangs showed. She stopped it a minute after it begun. She just smiled sweetly at my dad, who looked liked he was in complete shock. "Dad, are you ok?" I asked carefully and my dad nodded. "A lot of things make sense now." He just sighed and I wasn't surprised by that comment. Dad was the sheriff of this town, all these supernatural incidents from the last years crossed his path at one point. I was sure dad had maybe always thought about this explanation, but never dared to consider it the truth.