Chapter 21 (Isaac)

I went into the living room from the Stilinski house with the others from the pack. Just Derek wasn't here, we had no idea why he didn't came with us, but he assured us, that everything was fine between Mum and him. Nevertheless we were all joking. But in the second we saw Stiles on the couch head down we knew something was wrong.

"Mommy, are you upset?" Erica asked carefully. Mom stiffened. He whipped something from his eyes and said "No! I'm fine!" with a broken voice.

Peng!

It felt like a shot right into my heart. Mummy cried and I didn't knew why. This feeling felt so awful I don't want to feel something like that ever again.

I know the others felt the same, because we all sprinted to the couch to get to our Mother.

He seemed surprised when Erica and Boyd was clutched to his left side, Allison and Lydia to his right, Scott and Jackson to his feet and I sat on his lap.

We all hugged him tightly.

"Mummy, why are you upset?" Lydia asked, nearly crying. "Please, don't be sad, Mum." Boyd whispered. "We do everything to cheer you up, mummy! Just tell us what you want." Jackson whinned.

On Mum's face appeared a sad smile. "It is nothing." Mom sniffed and we all hugged him tighter. "Tell us what happened." Allison said.

Mum opened his mouth and then closed it again and then he opened his mouth and told us what happened.

"I got a phone call from Deucalion. He said he would find a way to make Derek kill me with his own hands, but before I die he would let me watch my puppies die and that I couldn't do anything against it, because I'm useless and just a problem he will take care of." Mummy was sobbing now and I hugged him as tight as I could. I didn't want Mummy to sob. Deucalion was the problem. How dare he to tell our mom that he is useless. I would die for him.

"You aren't useless, Mummy. You keep us together you make us stronger." Scott said.

"Daddy would never hurt you nor will he let anyone lay a finger on you!" Erica affirmed.

"We all love you, Mum." Boyd whispered.

"Without you we wouldn't even be a real pack. Without our Mom we would fall apart." I said.

"You tell me every day that you love me and need me. I know I'm not useless for you. I love you, pup's and that is the reason I don't want Deucalion to hurt you." Mom sobbed again.

When the tears won't stop running from Mom's eyes I started to cry too.

We all reassure Mommy that we were safe, that Deucalion wouldn't hurt us.

When Mom passed out from exhaustion I weren't the only one crying with Mom.

After a while, we were all still hugging our now sleeping mom, Scott whispered "Deucalion is as good as dead." We all nod in agreement.

How dare he to upset Mommy!

When the Sheriff came home, he just smiled at us and didn't said anything, so we continued to cuddle mom.

It was later when Dad came by and Mom woke up from the noise, he made. "What's going on?" Dad asked. "It's nothing, they just came by, because they missed me." Mom answered and gave us a glance that clearly said 'Don't tell him about the call'. None of us mentioned it anymore. Mom ordered some chinese for all of us.

Not long after that we all sat in the living room watching a football game. The sheriff came down and now sat next to Dad, both with a beer in one hand, and having a little chat. Dad seemed a bit nervous, it really seemed more like an interrogation than small talk.

When we finished eating, we helped Mom do the dishes and cleaning up. I noticed how Scott sometimes stared at me and then looked away as if I wouldn't have noticed. I asked him if there was something on my face, but he shook his head and blushed. Really weird, I would ask Mom later what was up with Scott. Mom always knew stuff like this. "Stiles, can I talk to you. In private." The sheriff asked. Mom noded and followed the sheriff outside. It took five minutes and the sheriff came back in with an stressed expression and without mom. "Where is Stiles?" Lydia asked and tried to make it sound casually. "I did something really stupid." was the answer. I turned to look at Lydia, Allison and Scott, who were also in the kitchen, because we helped mom before. "What did you do?" Scott asked and sounded really concerned.

The sheriff sighed deeply. "There are a few murders, a serial killer, as far as we can tell. All of the victims have been sacrificed. The Killer always kills three people with something in common and then kill three people with something else in common. I did research it is some kind of druid thing. The Killer already killed three virgins, three doctors, three soldiers and two teachers. Ten minutes ago I got a call that they found another body. I told Stiles about it and asked him if he know something about it. He got really offended, he thinks I want to arrest someone of this pack. But I know it's bullshit. You are good kids, Stiles told me what you all did to protect this town. He run off, but he will be back in a few, don't worry." I was wondering why we didn't hear anything about the murders. On the other hand the Alpha Pack was always at our mind, so we didn't pay much attention to anything else I guess. Sure we heard about teachers going missing, but ... Ok, seriously I wasn't really paying attention to anything else outside the pack. I'm really happy right now, so for once in my life I could concentrate on just being happy.

"When two teachers are already dead, we should watch out for a third going missing." Dad said. He stood in the door frame the others behind him, obviously listening to the conversation for some time. "Tonight is a memorial concert for everyone who got killed in the school. The teachers will be there." Lydia said. "That means we should be there too." Dad explained.

"And what's with Mom?" Erica asked slightly worried, before we head out to the school and to Deaton to get to know what we were dealing with exactly. "Don't worry we will know when he's in trouble." Dad said and subtly touches his chest. The sheriff didn't noticed it, but we know what Dad meant. He would feel if Mom got into danger.