38. You're Amazing

When I woke up the next morning, I almost wished that I was paralyzed from the neck down.

I'm serious. How is it possible to be this sore?!

And on top of the soreness, everything is tense and stiff.

This is all Shane's fault! I screamed in my head.

Images from the night before came rushing back to me and my heart picked up.

Last night, I let Shane take my virginity after I told him I loved him.

The fact that he didn't say it back, made me doubt that he does love me. And even though I doubted that he loved me, I didn't regret having sex with him.

I didn't regret it because I wanted him to know how much I was willing to give to him. How much I was willing to prove my love to him.

Even if it turned out that he didn't love me back, I wouldn't care.

Because I knew that what we shared last night was the best moment of my life. I knew nothing would change how perfect it was for me.

I slowly opened my eyes, blinking against the harsh sunlight.

Ignoring the burn it caused, I pushed myself into a sitting position.

I rubbed my face with my hands and looked at Shane's pillow.

A small, creamy white piece of paper sat where his head originally was, folded with a white rose on top.

Aww!

My heart swelled at how adorable he was, and a broad smile spread across my face.

I held the rose in my hand, while I read the note.

~

I can't wait to say it back when I see your beautiful face.

~

My smile grew wider. Holding the rose to my lips, I got up.

The high from his note, erased all the soreness from my body and replaced it with bliss numbness.

Even though it is just on paper, it made my day. Every bit of doubt I had, went away.

I wrapped my hair in a messy bun and pulled on Shane's wife beater, which covered enough of my butt. Since I couldn't find my underwear...

Oh well. I thought as I walked out of his room and headed downstairs.

The smell of food made my stomach growl, and pulled me toward the kitchen.

I skipped into the kitchen, with the rose still in my hand.

The table was covered in plates of pancakes, a bowl of fruit, and glasses filled with orange juice.

A shirtless Shane stood at the stove, in his basketball shorts.

I almost gasped out loud when I noticed the red marks that covered his back.

Oh. I can't believe I did that... I thought as I walked to stand behind him.

He tensed slightly, when he felt my arms go around him. Then he realized it was me, and relaxed and I rested my forehead on his back.

I placed a soft kiss on the muscle that flexed every time he moved. "You're amazing, Shay." I said in a quiet voice.

A lump formed in my throat when I said this because I felt it with all of my heart. I wasn't just saying it because of last night.