5. Leaving It Behind

I couldn't hear anything, couldn't feel anything, and there was a lingering salty taste of tears on my lips.

It had only been two days since Vince had...it was too soon to even admit it to myself. I still couldn't believe it.

I heard my door slowly open as another wave of tears stung the back of my eyes. I bit down on my lip to hold back the sob at the back of my throat waiting to escape.

"Monique, are you up? The truck is loaded and everyone's outside waiting to say goodbye." My dad's voice was careful as he spoke.

Moving day...I wanted to punch something I hate moving with a passion.
The funeral wasn't until after we moved into our new house and got everything settled. And of course because everyone knew it was still too early for my mom and I to handle it.

I quickly showered and got dressed. Turning to take one last look at my room, a wave of sadness washed over me as I realized how much I would miss it here, how much I would miss home.

••••••••••

I walked down the stairs and out the door half hoping that everyone got tired of waiting for me and left, but I knew there wasn't even a tiny chance of that happening.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when someone crashed into me almost knocking what little bit of air I had left in my lungs right out of me.

Jonah.

"I'm going to miss you, my love." I chuckled quietly at the silly boy who wouldn't let go of me. That is until Lisa pulled him by his hair causing him to instantly drop his arms while struggling to get out of her grip.

"That's enough drama queen." I am so going to miss them.

"Such an idiot, I swear." Dylan stood next to me glaring at Jonah with a smirk on his face holding back from laughing as Lisa violently dragged him towards their car.

I turned to look at him and was suprised as the happy expression he wore only a second before was long gone, sadness taking over his face.

"Dylan- "

"Don't do it. Don't apologize for something that we both know is inevitable." He looked straight into my eyes. I could tell he was trying to hide how hurt he was but it didn't work. I read Dylan like a children's book.

You could always see his feelings on his face, as if he were showcasing them when really he was trying his hardest to hide them.

"I know this hurts you Dylan, you know you can't hide it from me." I held onto his hand and squeezed lightly, causing him to look at me. "You will be fine without me, Dyl, you'll find a way, but promise me something,...promise me that you'll move on, that you won't let the thought of me keep you from finding someone else." His gaze floated away from me.

"Dylan."

"Alright. I promise but I can't promise I won't miss you."

I pulled him into a hug. "I know."

Just then we were interrupted by someone yanking my arm and violently pulled me into a hug.

"I'm going to miss you!" Chrissy whined as I struggled helplessly to get out of her grip. "Don't fight. Just take the hug, my little bug."

"Chrissy, this is not a hug this is smothering someone to death, now release me before I black out!" I gasped for air as she dropped her arms.

When did she become so strong?

"Gosh woman, did you spend hours at a gym after I told you weeks ahead that I was moving just so you could do that? I nearly died! When did you become so stro- "

I looked up at my best friend, who was now in tears.

"Chrissy, why are you crying? Dylan isn't even crying and you knew the day after my family decided to move."

"That's not my problem."

"Then what is?"

"I forgot to bring your gift!" She screeched.

I chuckled slightly at the girl I call my best friend. "I don't care about a gift you being here to say goodbye is more than good enough for me silly."

"Really? So I didn't have to get you a gift?"

"Nope."

"Oh, but I am sending it to you in the mail anyway because you're going to have this gift if I have to bring it to you my damn self."

I rolled my eyes. She never took a "no" when it came to gifts. "Fine, but if it looks expensive I am returning it, end of discussion."

"I wish you were staying. Now I don't have anyone to go shopping with or pig out on a bunch of chocolate cake or pull pranks on the history teacher or..." she babbled on and on about the things that we usually did together and she was right I will miss it, but I couldn't change things, only deal with them.

Chrissy was still babbling but I knew what was coming when Dylan shot me an evil smirk and then turned to Chrissy.

"Chris, we have something to tell you."

"What?" She gave him a confused look.

"Monique isn't really moving," Oh gosh, did he have a death wish.

"WHAT?! NOT MOVING?! HOW DARE YOU SET ME UP- "

"Monique, time to go!" my dad called from the truck cutting her off. She glared murderously at Dylan who now realized what he just did.

Chrissy tackled him to the ground pounding her tiny fists on his chest while screaming at him, "YOU STUPID JERK! I'M GONNA KILL YOU!"

Rolling my eyes slightly I proceeded to pry Chrissy off of him. Dylan pushed himself up laughing uncontrollably at the prank he just pulled. Chrissy fumed, glaring coldy at him silently cursing him and swearing revenge. I just laughed at the two of them. My parents called for me again.

"So I guess you have to leave us now." Chrissy said softly, while Dylan just stared silently at the ground.

"C'mon guys cheer up. I'll come to visit pretty soon."

"Really?" Dylan spoke with happiness in his voice. I nodded and smiled brightly at them.

"I love you guys. Now give me a hug before I go because my parents are waiting for me."

"We love you too, Mo." They said in unison. "Always." Dylan added looking me in the eyes. I could see the affection written all over his face. It wasn't hurt this time, but it was love.

His love for me that I failed to return. I hope that he finds someone who loves him as much as he loved me.

We gave each other one last hug before walking away to our rides. Pulling off I waved at Chrissy and Dylan, who were both smiling brightly at me, but with sadness in their eyes.

I was really going to miss them...alot.

••••••••••••

A/N: Ok so I tried to lighten up the mood of the story so far with a little humor of course idk how i did considering the fact that i'm not all that funny. But i hoped you liked this chapter i know its pretty short but next chapter will be longer to make up for it i promise.

plz vote, comment, share *puppy dog face*

P.S. Next chapter's gonna be fun i got some new characters for you to meet you might like them you might hate them i have no clue im thinkin i should start goals in order for me to update so for next update i need at least 315 views  (it should be easy)

Until 315 views see ya next time bebies!