35. Dear Kasey

Monique

The day before Thanksgiving was always hectic. 

A few hours ago, my parents went to get my aunt and cousins from the airport.

I was left at home by myself, so of course I had to call Shane to keep me company.

The doctor had cleared him to get off of bed rest, and lately it's been a real job to keep him reminded that he still had stitches.

Right now, he was helping me straighten up the guest bedrooms, since Natalie and Nathan left to give more room for our cousins.

I wondered how their mom was doing...

"Hey we're almost done, how 'bout we get some food?" Oh yeah.

Shane has been really weird these past couple of days.

Whenever we were together, it was almost impossible to keep him off me. Some part of him was always touching me.

He would randomly put his arms around me, or hold my hand even when we were just talking to each other.

Sometimes, I found him completely dazed and he'd just be staring at me or smiling at me. It was weird but at the same time I loved it.

Whenever I looked at him, my heart raced and it literally felt like it would burst. And he was well aware of it.

I blushed every time I saw him looking at me the way he did and to make it worse, he kissed me. Every. Time.

It made me feel special, to have all the attention he was giving me.

"Pizza?" I asked him and he nodded then walked out of the room, with me right behind him.

We went downstairs and he sat in the living room while I ordered pizza.

I walked into the living room, to him stretched out on the sofa staring up at the ceiling.

I sat on the floor facing him and waited for him to look at me.

When he did, he smiled and I kissed his nose.

"What were you thinking about?" I thread my fingers in his hair, my eyes never leaving his.

"Top secret." His voice was soft and full of an unknown emotion as he said this, shocking me.

He's never used that voice with me.

What does it mean?!

Once my heart slowed back to normal, I spoke again.

"Shay...are you okay?" He smiled at me, once again making my heart stutter.

That wasn't just a smile. And it definitely wasn't his usual smile.

That smile, caused a whole stampede to erupt in my stomach and my palms started to sweat.

"I'm fine. Why do you ask?" I shook my head in attempt to get my senses back, it didn't work.

"B-because, you seem out of it." My voice squeaked and his smile grew bigger.

Maybe he's high.

"Nah, I'm okay."

The doorbell rang and I went to get the pizza.

We sat around talking and eating pizza, waiting for my parents.

*******

"AHH!" Kasey let out another screech and crushed me to her.