20. Did I miss something?

The first thing I noticed when I woke up on Friday, was that last night was the best sleep I've had in months.

The other thing was, I wasn't alone.

I opened my eyes all the way, to see who cradled me securely to their chest. My heart stopped.

Shane was there, his strong arms locked gingerly around my body, his hard, bare chest pressed against mine, his beautiful sleeping face inches away from my own.

I've never seen him so relaxed. And if it wasn't for right now, I would've never known that a peaceful Shane exists.

I couldn't take my eyes off of him. It was like a once in a lifetime thing. He's always looks so intense and serious, I had to cherish every moment of this.

I grabbed my phone, that was on my nightstand and took a picture of him.

Tucking my phone under my pillow, I decided to wake him up. We couldn't sleep all day, even though I'd so love to lay here and watch him sleep.

I raked my fingers through his hair once and whispered, "Shane, wake up."

Nothing.

I shook his shoulder, gently at first. When he didn't budge, I shook harder.

"Shane, you have to get up." I said, louder this time.

He stirred, and snuggled closer to me mumbling something like, 'I don't want to'.

I know what to do.

I leaned in and pressed my lips to his and kissed him. Softly at first, but when I felt his arms tighten around me, I deepened the kiss.

He started kissing me back and I smirked.

That was too easy.

I tried pulling away, but it was no use. He was awake now and he didn't want to stop.

A low growl rippled from inside his throat as he took over.

He glided his tongue across my bottom lip, but I refused him. But then I regretted it.

He pressed his body harder against mine and I gasped as I felt the excitement between his hips.

He smirked and took his sweet time exploring my mouth with his tongue.

When he pulled away from me, I had to cover my face to hide how embarrassed I was.

His deep laugh rang in my ears as he tried to pry my hands away from my face.

"That's what happens when you be brave and kiss me at seven in the morning, dove." I absolutely melted at the sound of his voice.

It was deeper than usual, but soft and quiet with a rough edge to it.

I felt a shiver down my spine and my face flushed deeper.

He laughed again. "Come on, dove. Stop hiding from me."

"Y-you...you just-"

"Wow." He cut me off.

I peeked at his face. He was shaking his head at me, smiling from ear to ear.

"What?" I asked.

"You're so innocent, it scares me."

"N-no I'm not." I mumbled stubbornly.

"Oh yeah?" He teased. "If you react this way to a boner, I wonder what-"

"No! Stop! I don't wanna hear!"