Chapter 22

It's Over

Third Person POV

"Give me your hands." Said Kohaku.

"Just...treasure it.." Said Makoto.

"Like when this mess didn't happen." Said Ryuu.

They placed it in their hands and the girls eyes were fixed on the necklaces. They snapped out of their gazes from the necklace then to the boys.

"...You promised...*sniff* that you won't die on me..." said the girls.

"Right?..Looks like we got the short end of the stick.." Said Makoto.

"Don't say things like that!" Shouted Miyako.

The boys didn't respond to the girls' words and gave a smile. The girls cried. They kept crying and hoping that they'll live.

Shinoa's POV

I had Kurumi by the neck and she's struggling. Steil was knocked out, but Kris had to restrict him just in case Steil wakes up.

"Choose. Live and end this or die and I'll take care of this."

She didn't answer. She kicked me in the faced and I pushed her down. She leaves me with no choice. I grabbed a knife stabbed her hand and I licked the blade. I made the knife to her neck and she cried.

"..I'm glad..Aren't you... glad?" Said Kurumi softly.

"About what?"

"...You're finally...a pure blood..." Said Kurumi.

I stayed quiet and killed her. I'm no longer half pure blood and human. I licked Kurumi's blood. I had to because no vampire will listen to a half human vampire. I turned around and walked towards Kris, Mari and Raku.

"Let's go back to where that scream was."

"How about this guy?" Said Kris.

"Give him a piggy back ride. He'll no longer attack. He's been freed from Kurumi's contract."

"What do you mean by contract?" Said Raku.

"For a pure blood to drink another is sacred unless one makes a contract that they'll protect the youngest. In this contract, you'll lose current memories. It depends what memories the youngest decides to choose which memory will be lost and both has to agree. Once freed from the contract, all memories will be restored."

"So he won't remember what he did after meeting Kurumi." Said Mari.

"He'll remember making the contract and that's it. Well..now he knows."

"So...Shinoa...about that contract.." Said Kris.

"Where's the scream? Do you two know?" As I ignored Kris.

"I know where the scream was." Said Mari.

Mari leaded the way and ran in the hallways. We heard sobbing and followed it. We reached it and there was spikes, but across was 3 girls and the brothers. I remember about those boys said being in a relationship before this war happened. These must be the girls. It must be hard. We walked towards them and they attacked. Mari and Raku tackled them down and they stopped.

"...Please..." Said the blonde girl.

"Save them..." Said the raven hair girl.

"We'll stop being involved with Kurumi..so please..save them.." Said the red hair girl.

"I need names please."

"Momoko."

"Kaoru."

"Miyako."

"If you knew, these boys were just rogues. They'll die easily when these spikes pierces through their bodies."

"NOO!" Cried the girls.

They must really loved them. I check their pulse and their heart beats are super slow. I took Raku's sword and made a cut in my arm. I placed my arm in their mouths and they swallowed it slowly. Pure blood is a delicious smell. Rogues go crazy for it even pure blood vamps love it. It's a 100% that they'll become a pure blood like me. Goodbye human side. I checked their pulse and their heart beat is beating moderately.

"They're alive, but do you know what you girls are?"

"Yes. We're pure bloods." Said Momoko.

"Hm...Come with us. They'll wake up by tomorrow or few days."

They nodded, but they fainted. Mari, Raku and I picked them up and headed to a place to rest. The boys didn't need a contract since they were rogue. I had Mari stay with them and we had to gather all the vamps to make the announcement then make sure this never happens again.

**

It was morning and I could hear a riot outside. Kurumi never trained these idiots. I sighed and got up, but I was being help from behind.

"You're awake.."

"Of course." Said Steil.

"You don't have to do this. You're free from Kurumi's contract."

"Well..I want to. Ever since you left, I always wanted to be by your side." Said Steil.

"Is this a confession? If so, please stop. This is making me sick."

"Just...let me be with you.." Said Steil.

"If I say yes, will that make you happy?"

"Who knows." Said Steil.

"Well..Come with me outside to calm those bastards."

"Alright." Said Steil.