Chapter 13

War

"You did what now?!" Yelled Shinoa.

"Like I said. That vampire came to us not the other way around."

"Don't worry. He got rid of him." Said Kohaku.

"Forget it.. So a month..huh? It could be a bluff. We'll just keep training until they arrive." Said Shinoa.

"How about the superiors?" Said Makoto.

"Don't use that word, superiors, it makes us sound like we're their stepping stool." Said Shinoa.

"Then what do you suggest we call those white clothed vamps? Bleach?"

"Hmm.. Bleach.. Ha. That's sounds way better, but something appropriate." Said Shinoa.

"Ranked. Like you rank up a position." Said Kohaku.

"Ranked vampires..huh?" Said Shinoa, "not bad."

"Wow..when did you start using your head?"

"Shut up. I'll make a hole in you." Said Kohaku.

"So how many ranked vamps you brothers saw?" Said Shinoa.

"It was a large group. Just like when we fought them." Said Makoto.

"You said one of the ranked vamps goes by the name Kurumi?" Said Shinoa.

"Why?"

"Let's say..she carries the purest blood of all vampires.." Said Shinoa.

"So.. A Queen?" Said Kohaku.

"Hmm..more like..the royal family heiress." Said Shinoa.

"What?"

"When we were winning, they must've let Kurumi escape with some ranked vamps to human land." Said Shinoa.

"Pure bloods shouldn't die to rogue vamps, is what I think the pure bloods thought." Said Kohaku.

"Anyways, you're all dismissed." Said Shinoa.

**

We were on the top of the building and checked on any signs on pure bloods.

"Hey.." Said Makoto.

"What's up?"

"Do you ever think we'll see the girls again?" Asked Makoto in a serious tone.

"I hope so.."

"Me too." Said Makoto.

"Hope so?" Said Kohaku.

"Huh?"

"You two think you hope to see them again? How about believe that we'll meet?!" Shouted Kohaku.

"They disappeared a year and a half which makes it 2 years now. Hope is on my mind."

"Kohaku, we understand your feelings. Just..." Said Makoto.

"Argh! Tch..I know.. You guys saying hope is like a lottery ticket. 50% of winning a million or 50% of nothing. 50% of us meeting the girls or 50% of nothing." Said Kohaku.

"That's what I mean."

"Me too." Said Makoto.

"..You guys are lame.." Said Kohaku.

**
A Month Later

The pure bloods weren't lying when they said they'll be here in a month, but they didn't know that we were here. Another bloodshed on human land. The new pure bloods didn't have abilities like jumping really high or speed. They just had strength. The terrain has become different. Instead of buildings together, they have fallen apart. Each side as to retreat due to injuries and might do some sneaky attacks.