Chapter 19

If You Would've Stayed with Me a Little Longer..

Shinoa's POV

I've been fighting Kurumi for some time now. I wonder if the others are able to keep up.

"How long do you plan to keep staying alive?" Said Kurumi.

"How long do you plan to keep the war going?"

"Like I've said..our population is-" said Kurumi as I made her fly across and hit the building.

"Population. Blah. Blah. Blah. At least those half vampire humans are considered to be the same population so our population didn't die down."

"You..don't know..what's it like to lose your people.." Said Kurumi.

"I do. My rogue vamps died. My kind died..to you.."

"Your kind you say? How long do you plan to keep telling yourself that?" Said Kurumi.

"Shut up."

"You weren't even a rogue in the first place, pureblooded-human." Said Kurumi.

"Shut up!"

"As my older sister, you should be ashamed to bring such disgrace to our families." Said Kurumi.

"Sister? I never accepted you as family.."

I started attacking and Kurumi gave me her smirks. She's was trying to make me go berserk. I always hated the things she do to me. She makes me mad, blames things on me even if I wasn't there, and always making me do things for her. I never accepted her as family because she killed my father's side. Our mother was a pure blooded vampire who fell in love with my father. A tragic accident happened when our mother was killed by a hunter. Kurumi was sad and angry because she didn't trust humans in the first place so she killed my father. I wanted to kill her, but as years gone by, I couldn't. Mother wouldn't forgive me if I killed her at a young age even till now. She would tell me that Kurumi has to learn by her mistakes.

I took care of her for a couple of months until I got sick of her stupid fantasies, wanting to rule the human lands, make every single human into a vampire, and other stupid fantasies she thinks about. I ran away and joined a rogue vampire mafia. I was considered the person who should rule as leader since the leader was old and his grandson was the heir, but he's a child. I was given the title as Leader, but I was just a bodyguard. The leader knew about my background and he didn't care as long that I don't do anything behind his back. I became the most dangerous rogue vampire in the territory.

Back into Reality

Kurumi seems to be struggling to get up and I stepped on her.

"It seems you need more experience in fighting. Strength is what you always think about."

"Heh. I have Steil. He always trained me." Said Kurumi.

"Steil? The one and only idiot Steil? Ha! Being learned by an amateur. I have you know. In the pure blooded community, there aren't any good fighters there."

"Steil... Steil and I are the only good fighters so I don't know what you're talking about." Said Kurumi.

"Little did you know that Steil was my student. I practically taught him my fighting style, but my style has changed. Even now, when I fought him at your base for a bit, you and him are still using my old style."

"...Show me..." Said Kurumi.

She attacked first and I kept dodging. This reminds me when Steil was fighting me. I knew exact move even though she's changing it up. As I step aside a bit, she was going to throw a punch, but I grabbed her arm and pushed her into the ground.

"..It's useless.."

"If.." Said Kurumi.

"What?"

"If you were with me just a bit longer, all of this stupid war wouldn't happen." Said Kurumi.

"Really?"

"I wanted to be with you more..I was really disappointed that you left me." Said Kurumi.

I stabbed Kurumi with my sword and she screamed.

"You would think that I would forget about this and go home? Like in hell. I come back home at every night to check up on you. If there was a topic about me or you happened to think about me; Shinoa is great. Blah, blah, blah. She's fits to be a ruler. I'm better than her. She left us and what's the point with her coming back. She might back stab us. She's one of those pathetic rogues and she fits being one since rogues are nice to everyone."

"..You.." Said Kurumi.

"You think I'm nice? How sweet of you that I'll show no mercy as a rogue."

I was going to stab Kurumi in her leg, but I was kicked into a building. It was Steil.

"..Steil.."

"You came late. Aren't they following you?" Said Kurumi.

"Ah..those 3 are quite the fighters. They're looking for me in random buildings so it's fine." Said Steil.

"Look Steil.. It's my older sister." Said Kurumi.

"Ah..Shinoa. It looks like Kurumi got a punch or two." Said Steil.

"Are you hear to fight in her place? I'm gladly to accept another challenge from my former student."

"Let's go." Said Steil.

"Don't. The girls should be here by now..It sounds like their still fighting." Said Kurumi.

As she said that, Kohaku flew passed me and into a building. I looked for Makoto and Ryuu and they were fighting. Kohaku went back to fighting. Kurumi whistled and her girls came back.

"Are you going to stop this now?"

"Hm? Who said that I'll stop? I'm going to fulfill my wish. See you next time." Said Kurumi.

"I swear. If we meet again, don't expect me to let you off the hook. I'll seriously kill you and step up."

"Same here." Said Kurumi.

They fell back and I looked at the boys. They were heavily injured. My friends came back and they were pissed.

"Mari's fault that she let that pureblood get away." Said Raku.

"Me? I told you to follow him and I said I was going to cut him off." Said Mari.

"Yeah. After you were in front of him, you were dazzled by his looks and he got away." Said Kris.

"I.. did not!" Said Mari.

"Shut up. If you have a relationship with those pure bloods, I'll have to kill you. I'm being serious."

"Even a minor crush?" Said Kris.

"One sided love? That can pass. If mutual, you know what'll happen."