Chapter 10

Connections

Momoko's POV

It's been a month and ever since last night. It was the only day that we spent together. The criminal rate has gone up and the boys schedules were filled up. It's so lonely. We have been busy as well and not enough free days again.

"Hey Momoko.." Said Miyako.

"Yeah?"

"Kaoru has been silent for a while." Said Miyako.

"Really?"

"Really. Go talk to her." Said Miyako.

I faced towards Kaoru and she was stating at her feet.

"Kaoru."

"..."

"Oi."

"..."

"Ryuu! Kaoru said she wants a kiss."

"Wait! I didn-" said Kaoru, but she paused then gave me a glare.

"Sorry. You weren't listening."

"It's lonely and we know it." Said Kaoru.

"Wow. First time saying that you're lonely without the boys here."

"Didn't I say WE?" Said Kaoru.

"Ah..I was to busy squealing how cute you are."

"Momoko, stop being mushy. We have to meet up with them." Said Miyako.

"Can't we just tell them to have a vacation from their work?" Said Kaoru.

"I remember them saying they have to keep living so they can have money and pay for their things."

"Then it's useless." Said Miyako.

"Ugh! Why does life have to be difficult for us?" Said Kaoru.

"No. Why does life have to do this?"

"Because it's life."

We've been talking for minutes and the professor hasn't said anything to us. We walked upstairs and checked on the professor. He wasn't there, but a note on his desk.

Look after the lab girls. I'll be buying some things out of town.
~Professor

"All this time...he went out and left this sticky note on the desk instead of the refrigerator?" Complained Kaoru.

"Maybe he was in a hurry and forgot to do it."

"That maybe possible, Kaoru." Said Miyako.

"Or he never intended to.." Said Kaoru.

For the past hours, we did talked, sleep, eat, play games, or nothing. Miyako and Kaoru were sleeping due to playing Just Dance 4 because I beat them so many times that they wanted a rematch. I decided to make them a sandwich when they wake up. I was done with the sandwiches and looked at the pictures in my phone. I stared at Kohaku's face and didn't even look at my face.

It makes me want to see him more even though I can't. The lab isn't on security mode since we can't access the computer only the professor can so we have to wait. We sent each other messages like good morning, how are you doing?, miss you and good night for several months.

We should Skype, but he broke the laptop due to rough playing with his brothers. I could send him pictures, but his phone is already full of me.

"Gah..Can summer be here?"

Afternoon

Third POV

The girls received a message from the boys to meet up on different locations. For Kaoru, her meet up is at the water fountain in the park, Miyako's meet up is near the children's playground, and Momoko's meet up is at the beach.

They meet up with the boys and gave quick kiss.

"What's up?" Said Kaoru.

"Um..." Said Makoto.

"Is something the matter,Kohaku?" Said Momoko.

"Let's talk." Said Ryuu.

"You have the day off for next week?" Said Miyako.

"Uh..."said Kohaku.

"Spill it." Said Kaoru.

"I...We..." Said Makoto.

"You're almost there."said Momoko.

"How should I put this?" Said Kohaku.

"I'm cutting ties with you." Said Ryuu.

"..I'm cutting ties with you.."said Makoto.

"I'm..cutting ties with..you.." Said Kohaku.

"Huh?" Said Kaoru.

"What..did you say?.."said Miyako.

"..." Momoko stayed silent.

"Do you mean like we're cutting business men's ties?" Said Kaoru.

"Why?" Cried Miyako.

"You're cutting my bow tie?" Said Momoko.

"No...not that..it.." Said Kohaku.

"What? No! I mean.. We can't see each other anymore." Said Ryuu.

Kaoru and Momoko started to panic and ask a lot of questions while Miyako was crying..a lot.

"Did I do anything wrong?"said Momoko.

"You hate the way I punch you or maybe the way I was violent towards you, isn't it?" Said Kaoru.

"Did I push you into the corner?" Said Momoko.

"How about when I didn't want your kisses?"said Kaoru.

"It's none of those." Said Kohaku.

"No. I love that part of you. It's cute, but it's something different." Said Ryuu.

"Miyako.. I'll tell you the reason." Said Makoto.

"Our 'related' vampire gang is going to war against the pure bloods and she's asking us to join them." Said the boys.

"But..we can just be together even if we're far apart!" Said Miyako.

"We can't.." Said Kohaku.

"If we die in this fight then how are we able to tell you? How will you know if we died or just in the city?" Said Makoto.

"But!" Said Momoko.

"The leader said it might take a year or two since they fought months ago." Said Ryuu.

"Ryuu.." Said Kaoru.

"Makoto.." Said Miyako.

"..Kohaku.." Said Momoko.

"If you don't see us in the place we work or at school. Then you know what happened." Said Kohaku.

"Just remember me..Alright?" Said Makoto.

"Just remember to love me a lot when I come back." Said Ryuu.

"...I'll.. Wait for you!" Said the girls.

The boys smiled and kissed the girls. They would leave at midnight and they slept at the boys' rooms (A/N: No, it didn't get steamy in there) .

The girls woke up and the boy weren't there. They left the girls a note where to leave the keys and cried in their rooms.