Chapter 67: Hold It Down

A/N: Why has Bernice been slowly killing me with each post on ig?
😩😍

Bernice
6 Months Later
Los Angeles, CA

"Big Boy's Neighborhood!" they said in unison ringing a cowbell as I sat across from them. I looked over at Toya who gave me a thumbs up to tell me it'll be okay. I really hate doing interviews. I always have. Even when I did magazine spreads I would opt out of the interview segment. It isn't me. You basically just talk about yourself, but this is for Dave. "Alrighty, we have the beautiful, Bernice Burgos in the building. Or is it Brewster now?" he asked looking at me.

"Depends on the occasion. For business it's Burgos, but this is about my husband so Brewster is fine."

"Okay, I heard that. Before we get into why we're really here, let's talk about you."

"Do we have to?" I asked chuckling. "Alright, let's go then. I'm ready."

"You just had a baby, but you don't even look like it. How old is the little one now? I always see you posting her on your instgram with those pretty eyes." I was thinking her eye color was going to change to brown, but it never did. They say whatever eye color your baby has by 6 months is the one it's going to be.

"Yes, she's seven months," I said smiling.

"Even with children you seem to always be working and moving. Career wise what are you up to? Are you still modeling? Do you still work for Def Jam?"

"I stopped modeling, but actually today after I leave here I'm going to a magazine cover shoot. As far as Def Jam, I currently do not work for them." I said honestly. Def Jam put me on suspension because they felt I wasn't completely focused on the job, which they were right about. I have too many things going on at once. Running my businesses, Dave's business, hosting clubs and taking care of the kids. Basically wherever the money is I'm going. Also, they found out I'm the reason both Dave and Robb left their label. At least they didn't fire me. My suspension will be lifted in two more months.

"I also heard you are managing, Robb Banks..."

"Temporarily, because he had a little management problem." His management problem was that Belinda was his manager, but she went to Trinidad and months later she's still not back. It makes me wonder if she is ever going to come back. She acts like she doesn't have two small children.

He went on to ask me if it's weird because Robb is my ex. "No, I look at Robb like my little brother now. People don't even know I'm partly the reason he popped in Florida. In the south the radio stations don't break records. The clubs and strip clubs do. I told him make a song with a hard hitting beat because he wasn't doing that and I'll dance to it. I know his vision and what he aspires to accomplish, so I'll help anyway I can."

"Do you feel like you have to work harder because Dave is away?"

"I've always worked hard. I've been working since I was 15. I have a degree in business and I've always been business minded. People wanna assume because I stripped, did a little booty modeling, hosted clubs, and married a rapper I don't know what hard work is. I have 3 kids I gotta feed. I'm never not working."

"I heard that! You're here because you brought a new single from Dave."

"Yes, I did. It's my job to make sure he's not forgotten while he's away. So, I have this single then he put out a single before he went away as well. Download the mixtape, all that."

"Now I have a real question for you...Is Dave guilty? He plead guilty, soo..."

"Depends on what you're saying he's guilty of. Is he guilty of killing anybody or causing anybody's death? Hell no! So everybody coming on my instagram commenting that my husband's a murderer can cut it out. Know the facts first. The only thing he's guilty of is being a good friend to somebody who didn't deserve it."