Chapter 17: Best of Both World's

That throwback Dave East in the mm😍

Bernice
Kingston, Jamaica
November, 2nd

When I said I needed a vacation I wasn't kidding

When I said I needed a vacation I wasn't kidding. I decided to come to Jamaica with Brittany and my brother, Benito. Partly to relax and partly to visit my father. After checking into my dad's hotel we took our stuff to our room. My dad promised that anytime we come to Jamaica he'll let us stay in his hotel for free. After putting my stuff up I changed out of the clothes I wore on the flight into a tank top, jeans, and Chanel thong sandals. I'm almost 5 months and probably need to invest in maternity clothes soon, but I'm cheap. I'll be wearing my regular clothes until my bellies popping out of the bottom of them. I picked my phone up deciding to facetime Dave while I wait on Benny.

"Wassup, mama?" He said appearing on my screen in a dark room. I could tell he was at the studio.

"Nothing, just got to the hotel. You working?"

"Yeah, trying to at least. I'm just extremely frustrated," he said sighing.

"Why, baby?"

"Because of Def Jam. They don't want me to put a mixtape out, but they won't give me a date for my album release. What the fuck am I supposed to tell the people waiting for my music? I can't just sit around not putting music out."

"Just put out songs here and there until then. When I get back I'll talk to them because you're right. They're taking too long."

"Alright, thanks. You seen ya pop's yet?"

"No, not yet. I'm waiting for Benito to change and come to my room so we can go."

"Alright, well tell him I said hey when you see him. I'm probably just gonna be in the studio all day. When you come back again?"

"In two days."

"That long?" He whined, "I guess I'll get Malachi to spend the night with me tomorrow, so I'm not lonely."

"Aw, you're going to have a sleepover without me?!" I pouted.

"You shouldn't have left," he said shrugging.

"I needed a break," I said sighing. "From now on Jamaica will remind me of our wedding," I said smiling leaning on my hand just remembering it. It was perfect. From the red rose and crystal chandeliers, rose centerpieces, the ceiling made of red and white roses and the 10 tier cake.

"That expensive for no reason wedding your bridezilla ass had to have!" I laughed. "I liked your dress though. It made your ass look superb!" He said outlining a curve with his hand making me chuckle.

"Which dress?" I asked with a stupid smirk on my face to make him mad.

He groaned, "Don't remind me you had two dresses. I can't believe you did that shit!" He said slightly rolling his eyes. I had two custom made dresses made by Julia Kontogruni. One for the wedding ceremony and one for the reception.