Chapter 26: Things Change

Dave

I used my key walking into the condo after staying away for a few days. I had been staying at Trey's and it's honestly because I couldn't face Bernice. How do you look in somebody's eyes and know you did something wrong?...Again. I ended up not having sex with Cyn, but I did get head. As I threw my keys down Bernice came down the hall with luggage. I forgot she's going to London with Jeremih. She looked up at me, so I said, "Hey, B."

"Hey," she said dryly walking to the kitchen going to the fridge. "Where have you been?"

"Staying with Trey."

"I guess you just forgot about Malachi." I sighed running my hands through my hair. "Every time you get mad at me you can't run away. We have a kid now, sort of to say."

"Sorry. Where is he now?"

"Your parents. You need to go get him tomorrow." I nodded as she walked back towards the front door. I was staring at her trying to figure out if I should tell her. I've always been honest with her no matter what. Even if it would get me slapped in my shit. "What?" She said opening her water bottle drinking from it.

"I need to tell you something."

"Whatever it is, I already know."

"You do?" I asked cocking a brow up.

"Yup," she said going over to the table by the door. She took something out of the drawer handing it to me. It was pictures. Pictures of what happened at Trey's seeing as the balcony doors were wide open. "Someone stuck them under the door. You should probably tell Trey paparazzi is getting real crafty." Who the hell keeps recording and taking pictures of me? It's always when I'm with Cyn.

"B, I'm-" she held her hand up cutting me off.

"I really don't wanna hear it. I'm tired of fucking sorry's. You're just a sorry ass nigga! I guess I can't be mad because I did say it was over so technically we are single. I'll remember that when I fuck Jeremih in London." She raised the handle on her suitcase as I looked at her like she was crazy. "My uber is here. I'll be back in a couple of days." She grabbed her bags leaving.

"Man, fuck!" I said hitting the door after she closed it. I need to get my shit together.

Bernice
London, England

After an almost 7 hour flight on a private jet we finally landed in London. I was exhausted and so happy when we got to the hotel. I ended up having to stay in one of the bedrooms of Jeremih's suite. Everybody figured he would behave if it was me. I was in one room then Jeremih then his manager in the other. I was getting my things settled when there was a knock at my door. I opened it to see Jeremih, so I let him in. He came in laying across my bed as I went back to unpacking some of my things. Over the couple of weeks Jeremih and I have gotten closer. We're just people we can come to and talk to about our problems.

"Are you trying to go to sleep? You have your own room for that. A bigger one at that."

"Yeah, but I like taking naps around people."

I laughed, "That's weird."

"You don't like that? Even if they're not asleep too their presence is just comforting to you. Ya know?"