Chapter 52: Too Much

Dave
Manhattan, NYC

I brought out shoes I wanted to take on this tour while Bernice sat Indian style on my bed folding up my clothes. Tomorrow I leave for this joint North American tour with Robb and YG. I froze when I heard knocks. I paused what I was doing peaking out into the hallway to listen and somebody was in fact knocking on my door. I went to the door looking through the peephole then opened the door as Cyn stormed in like a bat out of hell. "Where's my son?!" She shouted.

I jerked my head back looking at her like she lost her everlasting mind. "I see you made bail," I said crossing my arms over my chest leaning against the wall.

"Where is my son?! CPS said they released him to you, so where is he?" I looked down the hall seeing Bernice came out of my room to see what was going on. "I don't know what makes you think you have the right to take my son."

"I don't know either, but for some reason you listed me as the father. I guess that gave me the right. Or would you rather Trey have gotten him?" Her whole attitude switched.

"Where is my son?" She asked again more calmly.

"I took him to your mother's."

"What? Why would you do that?!" She said pushing my chest. "There's a reason I don't let her watch him anymore. She keeps threatening to take him from me. She's trying to keep my son away from me!"

"Would she be wrong? You had Santiago in the car while trying to sell weed. What the fuck were you thinking?"

"You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I can't believe you. You fucking idiot! If I lose my son because of you-"

"The only reason you'll lose your son is yourself," Bernice said stepping forward. "Don't blame others for your stupid mistakes. This man was trying to help you when he didn't have to. Show some respect and gratitude." I was surprised at how calm Bernice was coming off.

"I don't gotta show shit!" Cyn spat back. Now why did she do that?

"You do when it comes to him!" Bernice yelled. Never mind. "I told you if you're trying to play him I'll beat your ass and I keep my promises."

Next thing you know Bernice grabbed Cyn up by her hair. She twirled it around her hand to get a better grip as Cyn was bent over. I tried to get in between them, but Bernice was not letting go. Bernice has never been a hair puller, so I feel like she's doing this to say she's not fighting. "Whaat? I just wanna talk to her," she said looking at me.

I finally I got Bernice to let go, so I pushed Cyn behind me grabbing Bernice. "Yo, what the fuck are you doing?!" I yelled as I tried to push Bernice towards the living room she grabbed something off of the table in the hallway throwing it.

"Disrespectful ass bitch! You're disrespectful! Ya pussies disrespectful you hoe ass bitch! More ran through then the underground railroad. Don't even know who your baby daddy is! Your existence is disrespectful. Move around, bitch!"

"I'm very disrespectful. Disrespectful enough to fuck ya man and mess up your "happy" home then still have this nigga taking care of my kid after all that."

"Shut the fuck up, Cyn! You always doing too much," I yelled still trying to push Bernice back as she pushed forward. I grabbed Bernice's face turning her towards me. "Look at me...cut it out!"

That clearly didn't work. She was seeing red. Once she's mad she's going in especially if it's for a cause. She's in protective mode for me. Bernice threw something else and I'm guessing it actually hit her because I heard a loud thud then Cyn squeal. "Show some respect, bitch! Say thank you. Ya momma didn't teach you manners, hmm?" Bernice grabbed a candle throwing it. "You need to be bowing down and thanking this man right about now!"