Chapter 51: Tonight It Is Us

*This is that super throwback Dave East😂

Dave
Manhattan, NYC

I sat in the living room of Bernice's condo patiently waiting. It has officially been one year of celibacy and Bernice is supposed to be taking me out before my reward. I've been sitting out here for an hour and she's taking way too long to get dressed. It's really not that serious. Her clothes are going to be off by the end of the night anyway. Let's be honest. I got up from the couch traveling down the hall peaking into her closet. She was sitting on the floor looking through shoe boxes throwing them when they weren't the pair she wanted. I watched as she tossed a heel that ended up hitting me in the head. "Ow! The fuck!" I yelled rubbing my head.

She turned around saying, "I'm sorry. I didn't know you were there."

"Can you c'mon? Just pick something," I said looking down at my watch to see the time.

"What's the rush? Do you have somewhere you need to be?" She asked while putting on a pair of red bottom pumps.

"Yeah, inside of you." I mumbled looking down at my phone.

"I heard that," she said hitting my arm as she walked through the doorway passed me. "I'm ready," she said grabbing her clutch.

We left her condo going to the elevator. Once we got off I looked at her confused as she went towards the entrance door of her building. "Shouldn't we be going to the parking garage?"

"We're not taking my car. I hired a driver. So this way, kind sir." She said sticking her arm out for me to hook onto it.

When we walked outside I saw a black extended Rolls Royce. "Somebody went all out," I said nodding my head in approval.

"I sure did," she said opening the door for me.

"So this is how y'all females feel on a date? I could get used to this," I said getting into the car.

"Don't," she said chuckling getting into the car too.

"Where are we going to eat anyway?"

"You'll see. First it's dinner then dessert then more dessert at the hotel," she said with a smile.

I jerked my head back looking at her surprised. "Whaatt?"

"What? You act like I've never done anything like this for you before."

"You haven't," I said thinking back on it. We were never really that romantic, lovey dovey couple. The timeline of our relationship didn't really leave room for that. We became a couple while I was on tour then got in engaged in 6 months. After being engaged for a year we got married, but we were busy planning our wedding and working. Then we adopted Malachi and she got pregnant. Soon after we were done and separated.

"Are you serious?" I asked looking out of the window at the sign of the restaurant. "Red Lobster? Really, B?"

"When he fuck me good I take his ass to Red Lobster, cause I slay!" She said excitedly bouncing in her seat seeing as this is her favorite restaurant.

"I haven't fucked you yet," I said with attitude. The driver opened the door, so Bernice got out then I got out next. "You rented a Rolls Royce to take me to Red fucking Lobster..." I said in disbelief.