Chapter 11: Truth Hurts

Bernice
October 6th, 2016

"Well, it looks like you are now 14 weeks and in your second trimester. Congratulations!" Our OBYGYN said clapping as I sat on the table. The one thing I liked about her is that she always seemed so happy. Like she really enjoys her job. I chuckled. She ran tests and asked me questions. "Any concerns so far?"

"I have one," Dave said raising his hand like he was in school.

She laughed, "Yes sir!" She said pointing to him.

"Well, missy over here fell..." He gave me a look then continued, "She thinks it's nothing. I don't. You didn't see anything wrong, right?"

"Well, that helps explain. I'm not trying to scare you guys, but one of the twins heartbeat is really abnormal. You guys have cleared the early miscarriage stage. Miscarriage is something that can still happen until 20 weeks, but it usually happens before the 12th week. That's not a concern at this moment, just saying. I'll definitely just have to monitor that. I saw in your paperwork, Bernice that you were concerned about the fact that you've had multiple terminated pregnancies." I completely froze. I did put that, but that's something I wanted to talk about alone with her. I didn't even want to look over at Dave. I know exactly how he's looking at me right now. Eyebrows furrowed and a scowl across his lips. The death stare. I tell Dave everything...kinda. I told him about my abortion with Robb and he understood, but not the other one. "To answer your question... It's usually not a concern and women go on to have healthy pregnancies and children. You can end up with a weak cervix that can result in miscarriage or preterm birth, but it's rare. We just have to watch everything closely. If that's all of your questions you're done here," she said smiling.

I cleared my throat saying, "Thank you." Dave didn't even help me down from the table like he usually would and just left. I sighed getting down, grabbing my purse then left going to the car. He was already in the driver's seat. As soon as I got in he turned up the stereo that was playing All I Want Is You by Miguel. He backed out not even waiting for me to put my seatbelt on.

I know his wheels were turning trying to figure out things. Mainly what he wants to say. I just decided to be quiet and look out of the car window. I really wanted to avoid arguing in the car. I hate arguing and yelling and little confined spaces. I feel trapped once I want to leave the situation. After being stuck in traffic for 45 minutes we finally got back to our condo. Dave has yet to say one word to me. I went to the bathroom because I had to hold it the whole car ride. Whenever I came out of the bathroom he was sitting on the edge of the bed waiting.

"You hungry? I'll go fix lunch," I said not waiting for an answer trying to escape. I quickly went to the kitchen, but he followed.

"What the fuck did she mean by multiple terminated pregnancies? You only told me about one, B. What? You had more than one with him? You got pregnant by Trey?" I just stood there staring at him. "B, right now is not the time to shut your ass up! Speak!"

"No, none of those." I finally said looking down. I could feel myself about to cry.

"Then who? I understand if you lied about your body count. Every female does. You told me you've only slept with me and two exes. So who? Because if what I'm thinking is right, I swear!" I looked up at him as tears streamed down my face. All he had to do was look at me and know. I could see his jaw clenching then he knocked a bowl of fruit off of the kitchen counter. I jumped as it crashed to the floor. It was glass so the shards went flying everywhere. "Tell me your fucking lying?!"

"David-"

"When I took your virginity?" He asked calmly, but you could still tell he was mad. I nodded my head up and down because I couldn't speak right now. He paced in a circle running his hand down his face. "How, B? Y-you literally had a full fuckin' drawer of condoms. You said you were on birth control too."