Chapter 28: Pull Up, skrr!

Bernice

I sat in my living room with Brittany and my sister, Belinda. The only way to not lay in bed crying all day was to spend time with the people I love the most. I laid my head in Brittany's lap as she stroked my hair whispering sweet nothing's to me as she put it. "I found you the perfect dress for your baby shower then Tasia's going to do your hair and makeup. You'll be so pretty, mama. Then you'll get to eat cake while being showered with gifts."

"Mmm, cake." I said causing them both to laugh. My baby shower is in two weeks. It was supposed to be this week, but I asked Brittany to push it back. I just hope nobody already bought gifts for a boy. As the days go by I try to accept it for what it is. It doesn't mean it hurts any less. I know Dave's hurting right now too, but I still can't let him in. I rather be comforted by someone else.

"Where's Dave?" Belinda asked. "How's he holding up?"

"I don't know," I said shrugging.

"I think he had a club appearance. He had me bring him an outfit for the club at least," Brittany said.

I sat up. "Dave cancelled all of his appearances and performances for two weeks at the least."

She shrugged, "He came over asking for a fly, club outfit."

I grabbed my phone going to my snapchat app seeing if he had uploaded anything. I skipped through videos and pictures when finally I saw videos of him in the club with Cyn right by his side having a good ol' time. "Are you fucking serious? He just found out his baby is stillbirth two days ago and this is what he does?! Did he say what club he's going to?"

"The usual...Liberty. Why?"

"Because I'm pulling up. I'll drag him out of that club by his dick if I have to!"

"C'mon, B. Don't. I'm telling you just leave him alone. File for divorce and call it a day. I don't know what's going on with him," Britt said shaking her head.

"Why do you think I want to pull up? To serve these papers. Since you don't wanna go you can stay and watch Malachi. He's asleep and most likely won't wake up. You coming, Belinda?"

"You ain't saying nothing, but a word!" I looked over at her and she was taking her heels off. She reached into her bag pulling out sneakers. After putting them on she hopped up clapping her hands. "Let's go!" I laughed at how ready she was. It was like she came prepared in case this was going to happen.

 It was like she came prepared in case this was going to happen

"She's definitely your sister," Britt said laughing.

"I'm ready, yo. I got something for the bitch too. She say anything out of line you give me the signal and I'll BOP her ass!" Belinda said punching the air.