Day Nineteen

Day Nineteen: #1 is all you've ever dreamed of. Why? (BlackStar)

Ashlei pokes at my cheek. "Saeko, pay attention," she demands. "You don't want to fail the test tomorrow, right?"

I shrug. "I don't even.."

Ashlei hits my forehead. "What do you keep daydreaming about, anyway? You always have this freakin' creepy smile on your face..!"

I blush slightly and look away. "Nothing, dude. Don't worry about it."

"Don't tell me..." Ashlei begins to laugh. "You're not thinking about Black☆Star again, are you?" She, again, pokes my face.

I grab her hand and nom it. "Stahp, would ya'? It doesn't matter, okay. It's not like-"

"Hey, guys!" Black☆Star's obnoxious voice causes me to jump. "Stein said we could work with partners on the review, and Tsubaki's not here today, so." He smiles and sits next to Saeko. "You okay? Your face is red, Sae-Chan!"

"I-I'm fine, dammit. Let's just get this fuckin' paper done..," I growl, angrily tapping my pencil on the table. Black☆Star and Ashlei look at each other. "I-I.. I'll go work with someone else, then." I begin to stand up, but I'm immediately shoved back into my chair by none other than my blue haired friend.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?"

"I just.. Ah, sorry. I'm feeling ill. I'm gonna go to the infirmary."

I curl into fetal position under the sheets. Well, that was embarrassing. He's just supposed to be my friend! He's just the same ignorant, stupid, obnoxious Black☆Star he was back then, so why do I feel so weird around him now..? We've always been close but... Recently, I just.. I can't even be alone with him without feeling sick. What's going on with me?!

Black☆Star and I are chilling on the couch, waiting for the others to arrive. Suddenly, he turns to me and kisses my cheek. I gasp and flop back. "B-Star! What the hell..?!"

He glances up at me with hurt eyes. "Saeko, I've known how you've felt for a while now.. It's understandable, who wouldn't like the almighty Black☆Star!" He laughs, then crawls over to me. "But what I'm trying to say.. is that I feel the same. I thought I could do everything by myself... But I've realized that I need you by my side. We can surpass God together, Sae-Chan!" He hugs me tight.

"B-Black.. Star.." Slowly, I enclose my arms around him. "I lo-"

"Saeko," Black☆Star whispers. "Come on, Sae! Wake up!"

My eyes flutter open. Black☆Star hovers over me, a dumb smile plastered on his face. "Mornin', sleepy." He pats my head.

"W-wait. That was just a dr-.." I stop myself, not wanting to sound stupid. He tilts his head in confusion. "Nah, don't worry about it."

"Uh, okay," he murmurs. "Well, anyway. It's time to go home.. So come on!" He takes my hand and pulls me out of bed.

I grin slightly. I hope it stays like this. I don't know what I'd do without this idiot in my life...