Day Eight

Day Eight: #9 made fun of your friends? (Haru Nanase)

AU: Haru and Saeko (me) are mermaids and they have human forms, okay. Don't question it.

Haru awkwardly looks at me. "Where were you?" Suddenly, he sighs. "No, don't tell me you were with them again..."

I groan obnoxiously. "Why do you hate them so much..? Human's are actually pretty cool.. Well, those ones are. They all like swimming a lot. I think you'd like them!"

"But.. they have feet. And legs."

"I.. I think being in human form is cool, y'know? I can explore their land and see what they do.. It's a lot of fun!" I protest. "I mean, we could go on dates like hu-"

"I have no interest in doing human activities, Saeko. You know that." He looks away and pokes at some seaweed. "I don't know why you're so obsessed with them. I mean, are they better than me..?"

"H-Haru!" I swim over to him and hug him. "That's not it! It's just, there aren't many like us.. So being able to socialize is-"

"A-am I not enough for you?" His arms fall to his sides.

"Ha-"

"I..." Haru cuts me off and inhales deeply. "I'll do it. Just this once, okay?"

"What?!" I practically shout.

Haru groans. "I'm only doing this for you, so you better enjoy this."

Haru stumbles onto a chair and just decides to sit down. "This is the place, right? Can I just stay here..?" He rubs his calves.

I giggle slightly. "You aren't used to them yet? It's tiring at first, but you get used to it after a while!" I sit next to him and take his hand. "I promise you'll like them."

"I won't."

"But-"

"Sae-Chan!" An excited voice calls. I stand up to greet my friends. "Woah, who's this?" Nagisa points at Haru.

"This is my boyfriend!" I feel my cheeks light up a little. "Y'know, the guy I'm always talking about.."

"It's nice to meet you, Haru-San. I'm Makoto Tachibana." Makoto sticks his hand out with a cheerful smile. Haru stares at it for a while, then shakes his hand.

"I thought you said he never left the house?" Nagisa questions, sitting in front of us.

"Ah, yeah.. I finally convinced him to." I peek over at him. He slightly glares at me. "He wanted to meet you guys!"

"Oh?" Nagisa raises an eyebrow. "Sweet! I'm Nagisa Hazuki and I like rock hopper penguins." He attempts to immitate one.

"What.. exactly.. are you doing..?" Haru tilts his head in confusion.

"I'm being a penguin! Isn't it obvious?!" The blonde pouts.

"So..?" I ask, shoveling down some rice. Haru glances up, still trying to figure out how to use chopsticks.

"So what?"

"What did you think of them..?"

"Well," He finally manages to scoop up some rice. "Makoto seems nice, but a little dull. I think I like him. He smiles a lot, especially at you. I'm not sure how to feel about that. And Nagisa.. He gave me a headache." He presses his finger tips to his temples. "I mean, he's nice enough, but he needs to calm down. And what's with his penguin obsession? Penguins aren't all that great."

"I think that's the most you've ever said in one sitting." I grin, causing him to glare. "Talk more, okay?"

"Why am I with you, Saeko? I don't think I'll ever understand.."

"Aye, I'm fine with not understanding, as long as you don't leave." I giggle.

He faintly smiles and looks at the ground. "We both know that won't happen."