Day Eleven

Day Eleven: You are on vacation with #2 and manage to break your leg. What do they do? (Makoto Tachibana)

Makoto looks at me and smiles. "It's pretty, huh?" I nod, agreeing. "I've always loved the way the sun looks from here.." He leans against the railings that prevent people from falling down the side of the mountain.

"It's really nice here.. Thank you for inviting me, Mako-Kun." I lean against the rails as well. He slightly blushes and looks away.

"I-It was no problem, really! It's great to have you here.. Or I'd be stuck inside all day with Rin and Haru." He sighs. "I really wish they'd just stop.."

I groan. "Yeah. I know. I was so happy Rin was coming, I thought maybe we could spend our anniversary here, but no. He spends everyday in the pool with Haru-Kun." Makoto tenses up. "Ah, sorry. I didn't mean-"

"No, that's not it. I'm happy you can talk to me.." He smiles warmly. "I guess.. It just bothers me that Rin-Kun isn't paying any attention to you right now.. I mean, you're an amazing, sweet, funny, beautiful girl.. and he's in the pool."

My face turns bright red. "M-Makoto.." His face heats up as well.

"I-I'm so sorry.." He rests his head in his hands. "I know it's too late.. You guys have been together for a year now.. But I can't help it.. Saeko, I-"

At that moment, I lose my balance. The rail I was resting against gives out and I begin to tumble. The hill we were standing on is large and rocky, ending in a shallow river. Well. This is it, huh? Who survives a fall off a cliff? My thigh gets sliced along the edge of a large rock, causing me to scream. Ow.. Pain.. Finally, I feel water surrounding me.. I-I can't move.. This is really it.. Slowly, I lose my breath and close my eyes...

I choke, water seeping from my throat, and open my eyes. Makoto is sitting next to me, his face inches away from mine. His face lights up when he sees me moving. "Saeko!" He hugs me tight. "You're okay.. I was so worried.."

"M-Ma.." He pulls away, keeping his arms on me. That's when I notice he's shirtless. "What happened.. to your clothing..?" He points to my thigh, where I got cut. His shirt is tied around the wound, keeping it from bleeding more. "B-But.. It's going to get stained.."

"That's fine, as long as it means you're okay.." He scoops me up in his arms, bridal style, and starts carrying me back to the hotel.

"M-Makoto.. I'm so sorry.. This probably ruined your vaction, huh?" I cry, finally feeling the pain of my fall.

"Shh, shh. Saeko, don't cry." He wipes my tears away with his thumb, then slightly laughs. "You're so small, I can carry you with one arm."

I shake my head, faintly smiling. "Shut up. I'm not that small.."

"You don't even reach my chest.." He laughs harder.

"Oh, be quiet!" I look at the ground, realizing we aren't even moving. "Mako-Kun, shouldn't we be going back?"

"W-Well, yeah.. But if we go back.. I'll have to see you with Rin.." He says in a small, pained voice.. I close my eyes, trying not to cry, and cuddle into his chest.

"Makoto! What are you doing?!" Rin's voice in the distance interrupts everything. I hear his hurried footsteps get closer and closer, until he reaches out and takes me away from Makoto. "Don't touch her like that ever aga-"

"Rin, stop!" I imagine the look on Makoto's face and feel hurt. "If it weren't for Mako-Kun, I wouldn't be alive right now. He saved me.." Rin looks down and notices my scrapes and bruises, along with the blood-soaked t-shirt on my thigh.

"W.. What happened?" His facial expression and tone both change, suddenly becoming extremely concerned.

"I basically fell off a cliff into a river and almost died. Makoto saved me." Rin hugs me tight, gazing apologetically at Mako.

"I'm really sorry. Thank you, for saving her. I don't know what I'd do without her.."

"Don't thank me. I need her as well." He smiles, then panics as he realizes what he said. "I-I mean, what would I do without my best friend?!" He laughs nervously, then glances at me and blushes. My face heats up again.

"Thank you.." I whisper as Rin carries me away to our room. Thank you so much, Makoto.. For everything..