C H A P T E R 19 (E D I T I N G)

Amelie

The next morning, my neck was throbbing painfully, my sides were hurting, and I-m pretty sure I slept on my arm, making it be the weakest thing on my body as of now.

I groaned in pain as I stretched all my muscles and stumbled off the couch. I noticed the girls were still asleep and I knew today was going to be a hard day for them all, so I decided not to wake them.

I made sure not to step on the sleeping bodies as I stepped into the only added space in the motel room. Everything in here was wide open except for the bathroom.

The kitchen consisted of an electrical stove, some utensils, a small refrigerator, and small cabinets and countertops that looked right into the queen sized bed and small carpeted floor. It was all mushed together, nothing but a bed, a bathroom, and a kitchen.

As I stepped into the washroom, I was surprised to see that inside there was another bedroom, but this one was connected with the bathroom unlike the other.

I cursed under my breath for not checking the night before for any more beds. I could've slept well if I weren't that stupid.

I noticed there was a small mirror perched on top of the bathroom sink and I walked over to it, knowing I probably looked like a big mess right now, since I hadn't had the time to check if everything was well and in place.

Once I finally looked at myself, I actually wished I hadn't. My grey eyes looked like I smudged eyeliner on them. There was soot and dirt all over my face and my hair looked like a bird made double nests on it.

I can't believe I looked like this all this time. I was never the girl who would even care about what anybody else thought, but to this point, I was concerned about myself.

With a decided grin, I stepped out of the room and checked around for where I left my backpack at.

"Aha!" I screamed as I found it on the corner by the couch. At least I had the decency of taking off my bag before falling asleep.

I swung the bag over my shoulder as I went back into the bathroom. I took out a hairbrush that was right on the bottom of the bag and started to hurtfully brush my hair. After ten minutes of attempting to take away all the knots, I gave up and entered the small shower, stripping away my clothes before getting in.

I noticed there was a bag full of shampoos and conditioners the size of my thumb, which I gladly took to my possession. I scrubbed a lot of the shampoo and washed all the dirt I could from it as I sang one of the songs I used to hear in drama class.

And to think everything started on my drama class, with an unexpected announcement. Sebastian, Doris, Elizabeth and I being so inexperienced of what life truly was. Being so naive to the dangers that leaked in society.

We've come a long way.

I heard the door of the bathroom creak open and the sound of bare feet stumbling into the bathroom.

"There was another bed?!" Anne asked in disbelief.

"Amelie are you here?" Lory asked.

"Shotgun second to take a shower!" Elizabeth yelled out as the rest of the girls talked away about how they looked like crap.

I can't believe we are thinking about this when we would look even worse after the fight with Death. Well, what's done is done.

I turn the shower off and take the towel that was hanging right beside me as Elizabeth shooed everyone out the door. I had to stay behind to get changed, so I gave her her space and she gave me mine as I took a fresh pair of clothes out of my bag and changed. It was a simple pair of jean shorts, a black shirt and combat boots. I made sure to brush my teeth well and then put the toothbrush back inside the bag. My hair was still soaking wet so I took the towel to dry it off better and stepped out of the bathroom, making sure that Elizabeth still had a towel left behind for her.