C H A P T E R 14

Amelie

The first person I saw was Jake who looked like he had seen a ghost.

"Amelie?" he asked, unsure whether I was really there in front of him or not.

"Yep." I nodded my head back and forth with a large smile as he ran over to me and pulled me into a tight hug. I'd been the one to find Jake along with Sebastian, and we helped free him. I felt like even though we didn't know each other that long, we had a well understanding of each other. I noticed he was still slightly shorter than me, but he surpassed Lory in size. He was lean now, no longer the scrawny kid he used to be and his light brown hair went off in crazy spikes.

Roy was the next one to hug me, but of course he had to go all extravagant with his change in appearance. His eyes were still a hint of purple, and his hair, short. Almost to the point of buzz cut. And he was still taller than me, unfortunately.

"Missed me darling?" he winked, making me smile at his normal antiques. Roy will never change.

"Not at all." I joked before turning around towards Roman.

"Dang Roman, I see you didn't give a break to the gym." Roman was tall and bulky. His eyes weren't mean like they used to appear to me before, and his normally buzz cut hair was a bit longer. Roman was never the guy to hug, so I felt very honored when he ran over to me and pulled me in a bone crushing hug.

"I missed you Tiny." he said with a laugh. Honestly it moved my heart a little to see he actually did miss me. It was shocking because he never showed affection to anyone other than Doris and Xavier.

"You too Dummy." I felt that if he could come up with a nickname out of thin air, I could too. He wasn't a dummy at all, but it was the only thing I could think of at the moment.

He let me go reluctantly as he made me face Elizabeth and Dory. Both girls were crying tears of joy as they saw me. They didn't wait another second before they embraced me. I felt a sting on my back, and only now noticed that my wings had gone away.

Elizabeth was bawling right now, and Dory was snorting in an un-lady like way at Elizabeth's reaction even though she looked the same. I felt my own tears shed as I hugged them for dear life. I noticed Dory's large white, feathery wings, with a bone tint at the tips. Elizabeth had this sort of flower crown to her head that looked like it was actually made for her.

"You look like a hippy El." I mumbled as I pulled away making them both laugh.

Elizabeth was slightly tanned. Her features seemed to have been much more defined, and her hazel eyes glowed. She had grown tall too and her hair went bleach, probably from too much sun.

Dory was as beautiful as ever. Her curls were tamed and her blue eyes glowed like ice and water. Her features were flawless as well as her stance. The only thing that stood out of place were the wings. Literally, and yet she makes them work whilst I probably look like the weight of the world is on my shoulders and walk all hunched up.

I noticed two other girls standing close. One with a silver crown just like Anne's and one with Asian features. They were both smiling in my direction, earning a smile from myself.

"I'm Amelie Queen." I said as I put out my hand for them to shake.

"Lea Min." The Asian girl said. She was really pretty and she looked like a person you wouldn't want to get in a fight with. She looked like she knew everything about us whilst she is able to hide herself in her short dark hair.