C H A P T E R 5

Xavier

Party-8:00 p.m.

I crossed through the portal to our next destination. The name of this person was all too familiar to me so I knew exactly who we were looking for.

Roy Blique.

Roy and I used to be close. That is, until he left me stranded to fight about three cyclops by myself in an island full of cyclops. Thankfully I made it out from there, but I barely stayed alive.

A few weeks later had I met Roman who had seen Roy go on his way back home, leaving no trail whatsoever, and I took him with me. I'd noticed his grumpy behaviour and stiff features, the exact opposite from Roy, which is why I am now best friends with him.

As we all stood there looking at the crowds of people dancing and partying, I noticed how all of them seemed to be of the age of fifteen or sixteen only a year older than I am or my same age, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the parents who let their kids party at this age.

I glanced over at Roman who was still holding Jake by the neck. Then I looked over to at the others, Doris who was sweetly trying to help Roman out with Jake with wild eyes looking around the house gleefully.

Elizabeth, who had her blond hair tied into a ponytail and seemed to scan her eyes over every single person in the room with a bit of fear in her eyes.

There was Sebastian who was trying to avoid any eye contact with the group as he glanced at the ceiling or at the people dancing.

Then there was Anne, looking as tough as ever. With her piercing blue eyes defying anyone who crossed her path to do something to her.

Amelie was currently looking at the people as if they were degraded from the scale of the IQ to zero percent, and looking like she knows something we all don't. I just want to know what she is keeping from us. I rolled my eyes in her direction, getting an odd look from her in the process. I didn't mean for her to see me do that, but I didn't care if she saw really.

How am I suppossed to lead this group? Why was I elected to be the leader of the group if only two of the members hear what I have to say and do it. The other two were easily controlled by a minor goddess, and the last two never know what to do in the spur of the moment.

My thoughts quickly halted as I saw Amelie move into the huge crowds of people. So she's not even going to wait until I give the signal to go ahead and look out for anyone like us?

"Okay guys, let's split up into two groups. Roman, you take Doris, and Sebastian because you already know who Roy is. The rest, follow me." I say and they all nod. As we go our sepparate ways, Elizabeth taps me on the shoulder.

"Yeah?" I asked as I pushed the people away to let us pass.

"Aren't we going to take Amelie with us? What if something happens to her?" she asked, and I turned to her, already getting angry at the thought of Amelie Queen.

"Your friend left us, it was her decision to go out alone and explore. Plus, she's smart enough to take care of herself, nothing will happen to her." Right as I said that I heard a loud crash coming from the wall, and a seething Amelie up against the wall with exactly who we were looking for helping her up and facing an old hag who had foam escaping from her mouth. I looked at Anne and she quickly took out her sword.

Nobody seemed to pay any attention to what we were doing, but that was mostly their immagination doing its work. To peopl,e we probably seemed to be taking a water bottle out or whatever instead of a sword.

Anne was going to run over there, but I quickly stopped her as I saw Amelie eyeing in my direction to not do anything and I did as told which was unlike me, but if she knew what she was doing than I'd better not ruin it because of my consistent anger towards her.