C H A P T E R 9

Amelie

"Amelie, wake up the fire is on!" Lory screamed as she shook me awake.

I groaned as I sat up from the uncomfortable floor and rubbed my eyes, checking my surroundings. I felt like I had been here for approximately five days without eating almost anything and having at least one cup of water per day. I had been ready for this moment since three days ago when I was creating a newly found weapon with only dirt and little pieces of steel from the forks and knives we hid every time the Demon guard came back with food.

"Pass me the weapon and hide over there." I ordered as I pointed to the wall beside the cell bars. Lory faintly smiled in my direction before covering her mouth from making any sounds as the Demon came growling up the cell bars. I smiled at him and took one of the pomegranate breads, making a whole in it, and secretly stuffing one of the weapon's artifacts on it. It was supposed to work like a weapon, the only thing I needed was fire, and Lory had somehow found herself being able to create an ounce of magical fire using her own hands.

We discovered it one morning when my shoe had been lit on fire and Lory was sleeping soundly with her hand turned on. By now, I had recovered from the slight burn it created, but at the time it hurt like never before. Lory was still feeling guilty about it even though I've told her many times before, not to worry.

I held out the bread to Lory who, as she was hidden out of the Demon's sight, had lit the inside of the bread on fire. I gave  the bread back and smiled at the Demon again, who looked slightly worried now.

"We've been meaning to thank you for bringin us food when we know you've never been given some. Here, take this for yourself secretly and eat it." I said, there was not much said after that as the stupid Demon bought the whole act and ate the bread quickly. The Demon fainted soon after eating the bread and I could see smoke coming out of his mouth and ears. The burnt, metal filled bread had poisoned him a little and I had made sure not to put too many things in the bread because we knew it wasn't mostly their fault that we were here.

"Come on!" I yell out to Lory who didn't bother waiting another second before grabbing my hand and darting out of the cell. We'd managed to get out of the dungeon and just when I thought everything was going well an arrow managed to graze Lory's cheek. I heard her yelp, but she kept on going, not even stopping for a little to check the dmage that was done to her.

We both ran as far as we could in the absolute darkness before crossing by a place where people seemed to be plucking flowers and playing here and there.

"That's Elysium. I'm guessing you know what it is?" she asked and I nodded in reply before taking her wrist and pulling her to hid behind a boulder.

We heard the shuffling steps of the Demons as they ran right besides us, but got lost as soon as they saw we weren't to be found.

"Where are they?" I heard a powerful voice yell. The Demons flinch and I almost did so myself, but I managed to calm myself down.

Lory didn't seem faced though.

"It is very important that you take that girl Amelie. She might as well declare war on us now and we all know how that would go." the voice said.

"Please Death, don't be so tacky. If you can't find them so what? You know what? Even though you are a God of your own I can't help but ask myslef how you manipulated me into doing this." A raspy voice called out. This voice was smaller, yet it managed to make me feel like ants crawled up my spine.

I heard chains being tugged and a groan in reply.

"Because I've got you literally tied up. Now go and help me find the girls or you'll see what I can do." sneered the other voice.