C H A P T E R 15

Amelie

"Come on Amelie, they're done already. They got the blood out. Hansol's waking up." I heard Lory say in a fainted voice.

"Oh shoot, did I faint?" I asked, groaning as I stood from the floor.

"You did." Lory said with an amused smile which lead me into glaring at her with a knowing look.

"You fainted too Lory, I saw you." I said, her face quickly went serious; all amusement gone.

"Promise not to tell anybody?" she whispered.

"I would promise if you don't say anything about me." I said, though I knew that Lory wouldn't do that. I was just messing with her for a bit.

"I sure won't promise anything." I heard a raspy male voice call out from the bed. "That was too funny to forget."

It was Hansol, looking as great as he did when I first saw him. He was still pale, but at least all the bruises were gone. There was a cap beside his beside table and on top of it, laid a note. I scrunched my eyebrows and walked over towards the yellow note, quickly noticing Mrs. Winfrey, the head, had laid down a message for us.

I wonder where she went off to, and why she didn't bother to wake us all up.

'This is for Hansol. Hansol, this is the cap you wore when you first arrived at camp. It has been washed and I made sure the Hephaestus cabin added some tweaks to it. It's now ready to go. You can take anything from in there now. Kind of like a cornucopia, but with items instead of food.

P.S. Use it wisely.'

I read the note out to Hansol and handed him the black cap soon after. He was quick to try it on all together not even checking for anything inside the cap any other person would.

"So, you're Mary Poppins now. That's cool." Lory said with a small laugh.

"So, you wanted to talk to us Hansol?" I asked, sitting down on his bed on the right side, Lory taking the other side.

"Yeah. I knew you guys were forming the team up, and you needed Lory to complete it. I came here to help you guys win this thing against Death. I may not be a part of the team from the list, but he did take my Kingdom, and I want my revenge." He said, his knuckles turning as white as snow due to the hard way he was fisting his hand up.

As soon as he said 'My Kingdom' I went back to suspecting whatever was told to us from the very beginning. That just made me encourage night to come as quickly as possible more. I really wanted to talk to Delphi.

"Listen, you'll be part of the team anyhow. It doesn't matter if you weren't on the list or if you were before." Lory said in reassurance.

"You saved us both and that is what counts." She finished. All the while I was still contemplating on the idea of Hansol being so young and having his own Kingdom in the Underworld. Both him and Lory looked at me with worried glances. It would appear as if I was sweating for thinking too much. Nothing like that has ever happened to me, but I didn't care if I was growing a second head or something right now, I was too caught up trying to figure this all out.

I contemplated on telling mine and Anne's small discovery to him, due to the fact that I wanted this to be only girls. But Hansol was the only one I knew that was our age and a god.

"I have a feeling that you want to ask me something." he said, raising his eyebrow.

"I do." I responded with a blush. I was embarrassed that I had to be asking something this bizarre to a god.