C H A P T E R 18

Amelie

"Enough guys. Have a little more respect towards the people who are watching." I say out loud with a disgusted face, breaking the hormonal teenagers from the team apart form each other.

We have been walking around for about half an hour and at every corner there was a couple kissing, holding hands, or having a date. Personally, I felt as if I entered a love zone. You'd think I'd be thinking it's great.

Kill. Me. Now.

Not only do I have to deal with the couples that actually live here, and the couples from the team having PDA, but Xavier has been falling back into step with me any time he could. But every time I just ignored him and pretended like I didn't know he was right beside me and turned to Doris and Roman who were the worst of all the couples. It was bad situation all in all.

Sebastian was charming Lory like he used to charm every girl back at the boarding school. Anne and Jake were being cute and kissing cheeks or holding hand. And you get the picture about the rest.

"Common Queen don't ignore me right now. And don't deny it because I know you are, in fact, ignoring me! Plus, you don't have much choice about it, everyone else is busy if you haven't noticed." he said sarcastically.

"Sure, and the only way to make it even less awkward is by talking to you." I replied back with a sarcastic smile.

I tried walking faster ahead, only to be stopped by Xavier as he held my wrist and pulled me back into step with him. I rolled my eyes in his general direction without even hiding it.

"Amelie, don't be childish. Plus, we talked about this back in Greenland, don't back up now. You said it wasn't the place or time. Well, what better place than Paris huh?" he pointed behind him for emphasis.

He was right about the place, but I still thought it wasn't the time. I just stayed quiet, letting the message of my zero percent desire to speak right now, show. He sighed in defeat and put his hands inside his knee shorts pockets, letting me know he was done trying.

I took this time to enjoy my surroundings, making sure I looked over the fact that there were a billion couples out there right now and noticed how antique the place really was. The architecture looks amazing and I cannot believe these places have been standing for such a long time. The air was not as cold as I expected for a January, but I guess that was just me.

The sky was a bit dark which lead me into thinking we lasted too much time actually finding a place to stay in, rather than going to the place we were supposed to go. I made sure to not point it out to the happy couples or to the grumpy Xavier, as we silently walked around the streets.

After a few more minutes of walking, I swore I saw somebody looking at us from the corner of my eye. You know like, that feeling someone gets when they know they are being watched and everything? Yeah, that one.

I subtly looked behind me, trying to make it look like I was actually watching the windows rather than trying to figure out who it was, but came empty handed. I felt Xavier get close enough so I could actually feel his breathing go down my neck and I immediately tried to push him away. Of course, it was all against my will.

"You feel it too right?" he asked, and I nodded in his direction to let him know quietly that I felt what he meant.

"Someone is following us." I sated and now it was his turn to nod and agree.

"On the count of three let's turn around and get whoever it is." he whispered.

"One, two, three." We both quickly turned around noticing a bleached blond haired guy carrying a girl bridal style away from us. It was only a few seconds later that I noticed they were running. I couldn't help but laugh at the situation before going in action and following Xavier behind them after he had taken off towards them.