C H A P T E R 3

Amelie

The first thing I noticed once the light came out, was the huge boulder where the fountain once was.

I looked into the night sky at my friends who seemed to be just as shocked as me. The other trio were just staring at the glowing figure as she breathed in and then breathed out smoke as if she was preparing for a marathon. As I walked closer to her, she suddenly turned around, her eyes full of smoke as well. I heard a tiny screech, which now that I think about it, it was probably me who screamed, or Doris, but I couldn't seem to pay any attention to whatever was happening to anyone else, as the glowing lady focused on the scenery before us.

The scenery shimmered into the now light sky as the glowing figure opened her mouth.

"From high above the ancient grounds,

lies Olympus with not a soul around,

The Dark Paths must two of seven attend,

and seek for help to the one with a thousand hands.

A hero between all must the seven find,

To bring Olympus back to life."

The scene changed so fast it was almost impossible not to get blind sighted.

"In search for the escence of humanity,

the one called The Hero must give her heart to Insanity.

The task of finding what is needed prevails,

But the light of a friend will all but quail.

To find each symbol of the twelve Olympian gods,

Could strengthen Death's reputation as the worst of all gods.

It is up to one of the seven to figure it out,

and lead the gods back from cold, dead drought.

The matter could bring the world to and fro normality,

or it could be the cause of a first-hand anarchy."

Then in the blink of an eye, the fountain went back to normal, and six pairs of eyes were the only thing taking a glance at me. The smokey gray eyes that used to be bright yellow, seemed to have made me picture every single word the glowing figure said. From the places, to the people, to the tiniest of details I couldn't take much of a look at.

"So that's the famous prophecy everyone keeps talking about?" Sebastian asked as he walked over to my side, where Elizabeth and Doris already were.

"Any ideas of what it meant?" Doris asked, and everyone just shook their heads.

"Normally, the best idea is to rest after hearing the prophecy because it tends to wear out the people who hear it. Especially you." I heard Xavier say as he pointed directly at me. I would've yelled at him at the moment, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't feeling sleepy.

"Maybe it was better if we heard it when Amelie had recouperated." Anne said, looking over to me worriedly.

"It's alright, I'm just sleepy that's all." I yawned for emphasis. Anne and Roman go ahead with the group falling right behind them and a curious Xavier sticking behind and waiting for me. As we both walked I noticed he was looking at me oddly. Not only were his angry eyes glaring in my direction, but the scowl and scrunch of his nose made me want to rip his head off.

"What?" I snapped.

"I saw what you and Michael did. I want you to tell me everything you know that we don't." he sneers at me. I stop dead in my tracks and drag him behind by the arm.