C H A P T E R 10

Xavier

It's been three years since the team split up in search of the symbols and the dissapearence of Amelie.

I miss her.

I miss everything about her.

Which is why I am now looking for a way to hurry up the process of getting the symbol and then moving on to look for her.

I'd come accross a lot of sea creatures when I had jumped in the ocean.

I met mermaids and mermans who had saved me from being devoured by a mob of hungry sharks. They had put some kind of spell on me so I could breath underwater and I followed them into Poseidon's palace where I was roomed and given food.

They helped me steal a boat from a shore I came accross to as well and I've been traveling with that towards the end of the infinite blue line.

It's almost like trying to find the end of a rainbow.

It moves, so you never know where to start or where to end.

I rake a hand through my hair. It seemed to have gotten a bit lighter from being out in the sun so much, almost light brown. It grew a bit too, but it was still short. The only difference was that it was slightly messier now, and it appeared to be an attractive trait to mermaids and demigods.

My skin got tanner, my eyes a lighter green, and I had managed to gain a few muscles from fighting so much or trying to swerve the boat from boulders so many times. Another plus side of hitting puverty and ending it like me, was that noe my voice didn't crack and I grew taller.

"Let's see about this place. It seems to be close." I mumbled to myself as I looked at a twenty foot cliff in a corner. There is a nice beach with a jungle just by the side. If this is an abandoned island, it's a very small one.

I see an empty deck and drive the boat towards it just when the gas was about to give away yet again.

And that's when I noticed some stores and houses in the island.

I was careful not to crash the boat on the deck and then took out my backpack while holding the boat near me. I set my right foot out which was then followed by my left foot, and then staggered a little with the weak wood of the deck and the movement of the boat in the water.

I took out a rope from my backpack and tied the boat unto the deck railing just hoping that it wouldn't break away; that's how old it was.

Just as I started walking I saw a girl about my age or so come to me with wide eyes.

Her hair was dark yet light at the tips and a bit under her shoulders. She had pale skin, dark brown eyes and looked like she had been through hell and back.

"Excuse me. Can you help me and my friend for a second? I promise we won't do anything to you." she said, her eyes glancing back to the jungle with worry, breathing heavily.

"Alright. Okay, calm down a little and tell me what happened to you." I asked her while taking both of her arms in my hands.

She nodded, "I can't really explain anything right now because you'll probably think I'm crazy, but my friend was injured, and she has been feeling sick these days. She says she is fine and that she can help around our campout, but I don't think that's the case."

"You're camping out in the jungle while your friend is sick?" I asked in bewilderment. Wasn't there a hospital here somewhere? And where are their parents? Assuming they have one even though it doesn't look like it.

I should probably help them. I mean, I can get help from the mermaids again to lend them some clean clothes and shelter, then I'll be on my way, but I know that can't happen. I can't bring them to the mermaids. They're human.