C H A P T E R 2

Amelie

I woke up with a start in a strange room. I sat up from my bed, feeling like needles were being thrown at my head and stomach as I stood up. But just as soon as I did, I fell down to the hard wood floors and only seconds later a cute boy probably my age came in, holding a glass of some ichy looking medicine.

He had brown hair, and shiny green eyes that right now, were only looking at me in a bored complexion. He had tanned skin and for his age, he looked gorgeous.

"Be careful." was all he said before walking over to me and helping me up from the floor. At least he could've asked me if I was alright or something, but I guess that was maybe too overrated in this place. I just stood silent as he uncapped the bottle full of the yellow substance, and poured some down on a spoon.

"Take it." he ordered, hastily bringing the spoon closer to my mouth. I looked at him, a bit annoyed but took it anyways. It was probably the best tasting medicine I could ever ask for. It tasted like the ones my foster dad used to make for me before he sent me to live in the Boarding School in New York. Now that I think of it, my dad really wanted me to go to that school. Did he know what I was? Do I even know what I am?

Right after taking a dose of the tasty medicine Doris, Elizabeth, and a guy with buzz cut black hair and dark eyes, came inside the room. Doris seemed to be inching towards the short haired guy a lot more than she should've with only a few hours of knowing him.

"Amelie! Are you alright?" Doris called out to me once she laid her eyes on me.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I said shrugging.

"Somebody told us that a Drakons' poison can kill you, if it weren't for Xavier, Roman and Sebastian I don't think you would've been breathing right now." she said whilst pointing at each guy after mentioning their name.

I looked at the brown haired guy who seemed to be in a deep intellectual conversation with, who I'm guessing, Roman. I only stared at them, until Xavier turned around and eyed me curiously before taking Roman by his neck and dragging him outside. Rude much?

"How are you feeling now?" Elizabeth asked with worried eyes.

"Better actually. After having that medicine Xavier brought me earlier." I said and just as I did a pixie cut, dark haired girl barged into my side of the curtain with a tray in hand. She looked around at all of us and smiled widely.

"Hi!" she greeted as she confidently walked over to my bed and lay the tray down on me. The girl looked a year or two older than any of us, but you could still see the young glow in her features.

"Hello." Doris greeted.

"I'm not supposed to be bringing this to you because dinner time is happening in about ten minutes, but a girl knows what another girl wants." she said as she pointed at each thing on the plate and winked. I just smiled and nodded. I noticed the weird tint of blue and green in her eyes, kind of decieving me into thinking they were tourquise. She smiled at me as I took one of the bacon strips she put on the plate in between my fingers.

"I'm Anne by the way. So, I heard that you were scratched by a Drakon, in which case you would be dead right now. The bite is suppossed to last two weeks and if the person is lucky they don't die." she explained once she saw my confused expresion, mid way of eating a toast.

"How long was I out?" I asked, after swallowing the food down and wincing at how hard it was to perform that small task.

"Two days. It's unfortunate you had to spend your first and second day in bed. Let's at least enjoy the night while we can right?" she said and I nodded along with Doris and Elizabeth who were both eagerly waiting for us to head out.