C H A P T E R 6

Amelie

I woke up by the sounds of different chatters from outside of the unknown room. I stretched my legs and arms as I got out of one of the most comfortable beds I've slept on since living with my parents back in New York.

As I checked my battered appearance in the mirror I started to take in notice some minor details I'd never noticed before. My eyes seemed unknown even to me. Their usual dull grey color had turned rather sparkly and kind of different.

My waves of hair were not tamed at all, so I had to struggle a little with that right now, combing it with my own hands until I finally decided to put a neat bun at the top and left the rest of the waves down.

"Too much hair." I muttered to myself with a sigh as I was still trying to make it look the least bit presentable. I shouldn't be caring about this, but right now, even I could see that I had to be at least looking 'okay' since it was getting all on my face.

We left Saletum yesterday morning and I haven't eaten anything since then. As if on cue with my mind, my stomach growled and I walked out towards the group with a sullen expression.

I immediately came across the smell of something warm and sweet and my eyes widened as I ran towards where the smell was coming from. I could feel myself drooling and that was only with the smell, I couldn't imagine what would happen when I actually taste the food.

"Here." I jumped at the feel of a hot plate on my bare skin. I quickly grabbed the plate and gave my thanks to Doris for fixing my plate up for me. She only gave me a smirk and a wink back before going back to the kitchen counter next to Roman who was wolfing down what I assumed was bacon. Disgusting.

Yesterday, Doris and I finally got our best friend talk since a couple of days ago. Elizabeth and Sebastian were missing, but it had been long since Doris and I talked alone. I missed it.

She told me about how she had this four day, now five, crush on Roman and I was really excited for her for it, even though I don't understand all that about love at first sight. Now, I was willing to play matchmaker, like she always did back home, and let her get her crush to fall for her.

After eating breakfast, all of us took our bags and started putting things in it that could save us in the most needed times until the clock hit ten and we had to leave.

As the group walked in front of me, Sebastian decided to trail behind to talk to me and after a moment of silence he spoke up.

"I'm so sorry about- you know." he said, his face falling a bit at the memory.

"It's okay, we weren't us at the moment. It was Hecate doing all the work." I replied because in all reality, we weren't us. Our bodies were ours, but we weren't ourselves mentally, and to me that is much more frightening than whatever was going to happen to us.

"I know but it's still your first kiss and I don't want to be the cause of your first kiss being ruined. You're like a sister to me, and it would only make our relationship plain awkward if that did happen." he said, and I laughed along with him.

"True." I replied and after that we both kind of drifted into silence. Every now and then we bumped shoulders or pushed each other playfully out of the way. This kept on going until we arrived to the train station. Xavier had ordered us to keep our eyes peeled, which to me was kind of pointless. I think everyone here would notice some huge monster out of place in barely populated train station.

I walked over to a map of the stations and pointed at the one that went the closest to San Francisco. Xavier walked over to me with a warry-eyes and eyed the map that was behind me in the process. His gaze was cold and calculating which made me want to back away from him and get slightly angry at his accusing eyes. I can't believe that after everything we went through, he still thought that I was going to be a threat to the group. He thinks I can't notice his obvious act of 'kindness'. Well, the joke's on him then.