Chapter 1 - Agonized Heart

CHAPTER 1: Agonized Heart

Clouds covered the morning sky, the sun beautifully shining through them. A light breeze swiping through every now and then, bringing with it the scent of the many flowers scattered about. A beautiful day, one would say. Noah though, didn't seem to notice any of it, as he walked towards where he knew Lucius's body lay in wait to be set in the river, the place where many would visit him for a last time, saying their goodbyes.

Time had stood still since his beloved had taken his last breath. His body moving as if on instinct, nothing more. He was being drawn to Lucius's soulless body. He wanted to lay his eyes on him... one last time... he would reason with himself, though he knew it would not be enough. His mind was an canvas that was covered in nothing but his Lu.

He's never felt so hopeless, as if the life he was now living was forced on him when he so desperately wanted nothing to do with it. His whole being ached; he could feel it mentally through every breath he took; as well as feeling it physically in his bones and every muscle in his body, especially his heart that didn't seem to want to beat any longer, resisting its natural function.

Nothing seemed to make sense anymore. No one seemed to matter any longer. He was a mere ghost of what he'd once been, as he felt himself moving lifelessly through the world he thought he no longer belonged in.

His eyes seeming to have taken a new role, no longer wanting to be able to see, as all they do now is shed the tears that never ceased to gather in them. As much as he detested what he'd become, there was one thing driving him forward, and that was the promises he made to his Lu. He wouldn't let him down, no matter how much he felt like leaving the world to join him.

The mere thought of seeing him again made so much of a difference. He couldn't wait. His heart ached for when he'd seen the one he loved so much again. Hear his voice tell him how much he loved him; see him smile at him like he did no one else; run his fingers through his hair; feeling his body heat as he held him close to his heart.

A small chocked sob managed to escape his lips as he leaned against the outer walls of the castle, trying to take a normal breath in to his reluctant lungs. The pain of loss was still so potent, he wondered if it'd ever relinquish.

After a long while of trying to compose himself, he finally managed to stand straight, reaching to wipe the tears out of his burning eyes. He took a deep breath before he proceeded towards the gates, making his way through them and towards the castle. He didn't stop, not even when one of the soldiers called for him. Not that he didn't want to, but because he didn't really hear the man.

The whole world seemed to pass by without him noticing as he was locked in some sort of a trance, unable to break free. Sounds were mere incoherent murmurs to his ears, anything in sight was a mash of colors that blurred. He found himself wondering at some point if he was even still alive. The pain in his chest being the only testament of it.

Stopping in front of the doors that led to the funeral hall, he wondered if he really wanted to go through them. If he wanted to see his Lu laying lifeless. Unable to hear his voice, see his eyes, or know if he was listening if he spoke to him.

But he did want to see him. That one thing was for certain. He hadn't seen him since he left his chambers after he'd passed the day before, and he yearned for his gaze to lay upon him at least one last time.

He didn't remember much of what happened after Lucius had taken his last breath, after the last time he told his blonde of how much he loved him back, though he was already gone from their world.